Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Plenoil petrol price.

Plenoil petrol price.

Postby Brewingdog » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:13 am

Hi, I've noticed petrol prices here can vary quite a bit from forecourt to forecourt. But as I'm driving about i noticed that Plenoil garages seem to be the cheapest by far. 15 cents a litre difference from the last place I bought petrol. Is the quality of a lower standard. I always thought all fuel sales had to meet a minimum quality in the EU. Plenoil seem to be able to afford to sell cheaper than others and I can't figure out how.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Re: Plenoil petrol price.

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:36 am

Think it's to do with the level of octane, some cars are ok with that high spec cars may not be, it might screw the engine up. We've always used Carrefour diesel but when we got our new car was told to use a better brand which we did but now we use Plenoil and have been since they started and haven't noticed any problems. We have it serviced regularly and the mechanic never says there's a problem
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Steve wilkins » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:46 am

Probably partly due to less overheads. If you take somewhere like Repsol (ripoff) for example, they usually have several staff wondering about who fill the car up for you. There are usually more services available at those stations which obviously require looking after. Then there is market share. I think Plenoils business model is to sell as cheap as possible (even if it means a loss to begin with) and undercut any of the competition. This means that they would start to take a bigger share of the custom in time, and can then continue the lower prices. The fact that there stations are spreading like wildfire is evidence to me of that. Then at Plenoil, its a no frills experience, with most times of the day, you're left to you own devices. No cashier and no service at the pump. I'm not aware of any drop in quality of the fuel but would be interested to hear if others feel different to that.
Steve wilkins

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:50 am

From their website:. Throughout our network of gas stations, we will always have the best possible price because we maintain a lean structure and eliminate unnecessary costs that can directly affect the final price. best price possible because we maintain a lean structure and eliminate unnecessary costs that can have a direct impact on the final price. And, at all times, maintaining the same quality as other major operators.
Chrisdee

Postby Brewingdog » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:56 am

Chrisdee wrote:From their website:. Throughout our network of gas stations, we will always have the best possible price because we maintain a lean structure and eliminate unnecessary costs that can directly affect the final price. best price possible because we maintain a lean structure and eliminate unnecessary costs that can have a direct impact on the final price. And, at all times, maintaining the same quality as other major operators.

That's really good to know. Quality is comparable to other outlets.
Brewingdog

Postby StormBoy » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:03 pm

If you download the GasAll app, you can see the fuel prices on all the service stations and the prices are updated daily.
StormBoy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gasgit » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:26 pm

The plenoil I use in Playa Flamenca had a Repsol very small sign in there wonder if there the cheap arm of Repsol, a very frugal friend of mine used to check his fuel consumption between Tesco and your BP Shell garages he always reckoned he got up to 20% better consumption from the more expensive fuel,we have 4 new plenoils locally and they do vary in price some days by as much as 4-5 cents ?
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby TonTri » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:39 am

StormBoy wrote:If you download the GasAll app, you can see the fuel prices on all the service stations and the prices are updated daily.

Many thanks for telling us about that app, most useful
TonTri

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:09 am

Gasgit wrote:The plenoil I use in Playa Flamenca had a Repsol very small sign in there wonder if there the cheap arm of Repsol, a very frugal friend of mine used to check his fuel consumption between Tesco and your BP Shell garages he always reckoned he got up to 20% better consumption from the more expensive fuel,we have 4 new plenoils locally and they do vary in price some days by as much as 4-5 cents ?

That's really interesting. Getting up to 20% better consumption from the more expensive fuel is not something I have heard before. Most forecourts sell 2 types of petrol. I always assumed the more expensive one was for high performance cars giving better fuel consumption for these types of vehicles. It never occurred to me that the cheaper fuel could vary in quality from garage to garage by as much as 20%.
Brewingdog

Postby BNT162b2 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:01 pm

Brewingdog wrote:
Gasgit wrote:The plenoil I use in Playa Flamenca had a Repsol very small sign in there wonder if there the cheap arm of Repsol, a very frugal friend of mine used to check his fuel consumption between Tesco and your BP Shell garages he always reckoned he got up to 20% better consumption from the more expensive fuel,we have 4 new plenoils locally and they do vary in price some days by as much as 4-5 cents ?

That's really interesting. Getting up to 20% better consumption from the more expensive fuel is not something I have heard before. Most forecourts sell 2 types of petrol. I always assumed the more expensive one was for high performance cars giving better fuel consumption for these types of vehicles. It never occurred to me that the cheaper fuel could vary in quality from garage to garage by as much as 20%.

"Up to 20%" includes 0%.
BNT162b2

Next