Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Non Residence Tax.

Non Residence Tax.

Postby Robert brannigan » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:53 pm

Hi folks.
Any ideas how the non residence tax returns work?
Would appreciate any advice on this matter!!!!

Thks again!!!!
Robert brannigan

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Campaneta

Re: Non Residence Tax.

Postby marcliff » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:43 pm

Yes. You have a value on your house. On this there is a rateable value or cadastral value as it is called here. This is very much lower than the actual value of the house and can be less than half.

The so-called non resident tax is based on that cadastral value. If you rent your property you pay tax on the rental income so don't pay that. If you don't rent then you are deemed to derive a benefit from owning the property. This benefit is taxed. Depending on when the property was valued, you pay 1.2% or 2% of the value. Normally 1.2 as most properties have been revalued.#

So, If you have a property valued at 200,000 euro, the rateable or cadastral value would be about 80,000 (you can get the exact figure on your tax demand or council tax demand).

80,000 cadastral at 1.2% is 960. You are then charged the tax on that and depends if you are a EU citizne or not. EU citizen pays 19% and non EU pays 24%. UK citizen will pay 24% of that so 230 euro per year. That is per property so if in joint ownership then 115 per year each.

You fill in a 210 form to pay it. Lots of companies will do it for you either by completing the form and you pay it at a bank or they will pay it for you (and charge you more, of course).

You've put this in Quesada General Discussion.There is a Taxes in Spain board which has many hints, tips and recommendations of companies that will pay it plus how to complete the 210, pay at the bank and so on.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby daz » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:13 pm

Thanks Marcliff, that is very informative, I never new how it was worked out and just accepted it was taxation mystery from outer space. So, thank you.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Robert brannigan » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:41 am

Thks!!!!!

Better get started!!!!! Appreciate the help.
Robert brannigan

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Campaneta

Postby Bee » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:48 am

Do you need to complete the Modelo 030 first to register with the tax office. Not too sure anymore. Maybe just filling out the Modelo 210 and presenting it is enough to register you as well?

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... G321.shtml

Don't forget to use commas in your numbers instead of full stops i.e for say €21.00 you type €21,00

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul M » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:19 pm

Don't forget to use commas in your numbers instead of full stops i.e for say €21.00 you type €21,00

Crikey didn’t know that Bee! Often wondered why the calculator on our Spanish phone has a comma but no full stop. Learning something every day!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby marcliff » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:26 pm

The comma is before the cents as above with 21,00. But you use a full stop between bigger numbers .
eg 1.000 and not 1,000 like we would put. So 1,000.50 (one thousand euro and fifty cents) would be 1.000,50
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bee » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:37 pm

Thanks Marcliff. I didn't know that bit. I will need to know that when declaring my El Gordo winnings :)

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja