Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Satellite TV Quality

Satellite TV Quality

Postby marcliff » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:32 am

Just checking before I start panicking and calling out all and sundry.
Most of my satellite channels have disappeared today. I get all the 4s and 5s and a few others but all the ITV, BBC and many other channels have gone. Still coming up on the EPG but no signal.

Re did the channel scan and it goes through but the previous signal strength gone from V Good to Good and the Signal Quality gone from Good to Bad. I only had it checked a couple of months ago and things were tightened up and checked properly. 19m dish through a Humax box.

I did read some sun spot (or radiation problems or whatever) were due this weekend and wondered if anyone else was having the same problems.

Looks like I may be stuck with the subscription channels over the weekend if it's only me.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Satellite TV Quality

Postby wilsonm10 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:26 pm

All channels still there ITV and BBC and no issues on quality
wilsonm10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Wokingham

Postby marcliff » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:28 pm

Must be me then. Oh, dear, another 50 euro callout fee.
marcliff

Postby Darro » Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:09 pm

marcliff wrote:19m dish through a Humax box.

That's some dish you've got there!

Nowt changd on my Freesat setup.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby wilsonm10 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:53 pm

Assume you have a satelite signal tester to check whats coming from the LNB (and quality), thats how I test mine, as my TV sat receiver stopped working
wilsonm10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Wokingham

Postby marcliff » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:24 pm

Sat receiver is fine as I am getting all the Ch4 and Ch5 channels plus Challenge and several others.
As said, quality is now listed as bad instead of good as it was previously. Could be anything but I can't get on my roof to check it. Needs a ladder to get to a sloping tile roof then a clamber up the tiles and hoick myself over the top wall.

At 74, and having fallen off several ladders already, I think I'll need someone used to clambering.
marcliff

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:22 pm

Just checked ours we have a 1.9 mtr too and all ok so far
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby raver » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:30 am

I have a 1.4m dish and Humax box, had exactly the same last week and it was explained to me that some if the signals have a general weakening and that the HD channels for BBC and ITV are on the edge of reception. I have been losing some of HD channels on and off for a while but not so many as now. Have got fed up with it, just want it to work so have changed to IPTV.
raver

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:55 am

All my channels came back yesterday evening. ITV SD channels at about 7 pm, then the ITV HD and the BBC channels all back about 9 pm. Signal quality now says Normal which is still lower than the Good I got previously.

All channels good to go this morning. Will see if they drop out when the sun comes up later in the day.
marcliff

Postby satandpcguy » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:45 pm

marcliff wrote:All my channels came back yesterday evening. ITV SD channels at about 7 pm, then the ITV HD and the BBC channels all back about 9 pm. Signal quality now says Normal which is still lower than the Good I got previously.

All channels good to go this morning. Will see if they drop out when the sun comes up later in the day.

Sun effect has passed a few weeks ago, and will not affect signals again until October (the bi annual satellite solar outages)

Perhaps you have an insect nesting inside your LNB. Depending where he sits will block signals. When he moves, signals return. So a small euro coin thick polystyrene cover for the LNB will prevent insects going inside.
satandpcguy

Next