Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

100 fines issued to dog owners on Elche Beaches

100 fines issued to dog owners on Elche Beaches

Postby Bee » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:09 pm

Just a heads-up in case somebody gets fined without realising these regulations exist. From today's Informacion.

One hundred fines for dog owners on the beaches of Elche this Easter. The number that has resulted from a surveillance campaign by the Local Police over 7 day on the Elche coast where access to animals is prohibited.
The Urban and Environment Unit (UMA) increased its presence in Arenales del Sol, El Altet and La Marina where it filed 41 complaints against pet owners for not carrying the animal's documentation . The second incident that the agents detected the most was for walking the dog without restraint, a total of 39 complaints. This was followed by offences for walking the dog on the beach (a dozen) or lacking an identification chip (6).
In Elche there is no beach in the municipality that allows access to animals, except for dogs intended for rescue work or assistance to people in need or assistance dogs, as stated in the Ordinance on Safety in the Use, Enjoyment and Exploitation of the Elche coastline. According to this regulation, those who have taken their dogs this Easter to the Elche beaches could face fines of up to 300 euros. The presence of domestic animals on the beach, outside the bathing season, without the legally established requirements for their possession and circulation, unless another type of sanction is regulated by specific regulations, is considered a minor infraction.

https://api-esp-eu.piano.io/-c/106/5396 ... 0&order=29

Not sure what they mean by "the presence of domestic animals outside the bathing season"

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: 100 fines issued to dog owners on Elche Beaches

Postby bobbyboo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:00 pm

You get fined on Guardamar beaches with dogs also. I agree, the beach is for people to enjoy and not be treading in dog mess with young children digging in the sand. I have seen the police fine people but some still do not listen.
Bobbyboo
bobbyboo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar del Segura

Postby cheflady » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:25 pm

Hi Bee when we first came over here between October and March you was allowed to take dogs on the beach so I assume that's what the bathing season means! I know you have to carry the pet passport and also for Asbo I have to have a muzzle and a fixed lead
cheflady

Postby Bee » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:19 pm

Thanks Jules. I was wondering what it meant. Crikey carrying all that around just to take the dog for a walk. It's beaucracy gone mad. You will soon need a briefcase with all the documents to take yourself and the dog for a walk :)

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gustav » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:44 am

:text-goodpost:
Too true,
Wife needs a bigger handbag,
More exspense,
Would be a good idea, to have it all on a credit cards sized item,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby glen.monks » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:32 am

Hi
What period is the bathing season? And can dogs go on any beach outside of the season. And i pick up my dogs poo
glen.monks

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesad