Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Tax advisor

Re: Tax advisor

Postby billogs » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:14 am

When I have had problems with uk tax in the past I have always rang the tax office to discuss it and been able to resolve the issue. I use Abaco for my Spanish tax. Not the cheapest but always given good service.
billogs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby sharel poole » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:25 am

Thank you billogs, I tried to ring them but am having trouble getting through. I will try one more time and if unsuccessful will contact a tax office. I do have a Spanish tax advisor and she is good, but I don't think she will understand self assessment. Best wishes
sharel poole

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby The Accountant » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:39 pm

This is HMRC's busiest time of the year and their response times are not good even during their quiet periods. I recently received an email from them requesting that us agents try to refrain from calling them between 17th April and 2nd June. Good Luck!
The Accountant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby sharel poole » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:46 pm

Thank you for your message. I going to have one more crack at it. I downloaded how to fill in the forms from their website for idiots like me that haven't got a clue. Wish me luck
sharel poole

Postby Paulr » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:38 pm

Hi Sharel,

What's the problem that you're having? Obtaining your Government Gateway access? Registering for Self Assessment? Or completing and submitting your UK tax return? My wife does ours for our rental property in the UK, so she may be able to help.

Best wishes,
Paul
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby sharel poole » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:56 pm

Hi Paul, apparently I haven't completed the residence, remittance form correctly. I have printed off instructions on how to do this now, so I will try again. Thank you for your message.
sharel poole

Postby eboracum » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:18 pm

Contact UK TAX REFUNDS at Campello, I am a retired UK accountant and I could not recommend any better, they will do your annual tax returns for €80, and get you a full refund for any tax you have paid in UK for the last 5 years. Just type UK TAX REFUNDS INTO your search engine, and it will give you contact details. any problems PM me.
eboracum

Which part of Spain are you from?: FORMENTERA DELSEGURA

Postby sharel poole » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:29 am

Thank you. I have to say everyone has been so helpful. Love this forum
sharel poole

Previous