Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

NHS equivalent doctor needed in Quesada

NHS equivalent doctor needed in Quesada

Postby EK25 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:40 pm

My Mum moved to Spain in January and has just got her TIE card and already has her S1 from the NHS how do we go about registering her with a doctor in Quesada?
EK25

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: NHS equivalent doctor needed in Quesada

Postby LeeG » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:11 pm

She should have an S.I.P. card, onthe back of it should be the medical centre and doctor.
LeeG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby marcliff » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:51 pm

She won't get the SIP card until she's registered her S1. She does that at the INSS (Torrevieja is, I think, the nearest). Once she's done that she takes it the medical centre who will issue the SIP with, as said, the doctor she is allocated to printed on the back.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:55 pm

You will need an appointment I believe at the INSS too.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Graham_Lynn » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:18 pm

Getting an appointment at INSS can be a little bit time consuming and stressful.
It’s easier to pay a gestor to do it for you.
From memory you’ll need a passport, padron TIE card as well as the S1 form and a photocopy. The second copy of the S1 form needs to be kept safely , as she will need to produce that if she visits the UK and needs medical treatment.
Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Bee » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:42 am

You can registering your S1 on line and it isn't too difficult. Link here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-yo ... -you-start

Here is a name from a post on this

Here is a name from a post on this forum which would be another alternative.

"I got Steve Ford the translator to sort mine out. He is very knowledgeable about the procedures and is familiar with the staff at the social security. Can highly recomend him, and probably a lot cheaper than a gestor.
His number is 667834487 or 965725409"

I searched for one filled out in English but nada so here it is form is filled out in Spanish on which might be a help. Hopefully it opens for you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Spanish ... lnspr=W10=

Bee
Last edited by Bee on Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Brewingdog » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:44 am

As I'm still under state pension age I took out medical insurance with Salus. The insurance broker told me if I had any issues I could go to the medical centre by the Arches. I went there to check if this was true and though none of my details were taken, I was told to come to the center anytime I felt I needed to see a doctor. I took this to mean I didn't need to "register" with a medical practice. I take it this is wrong.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby marcliff » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:59 am

Brewingdog wrote:As I'm still under state pension age I took out medical insurance with Salus. The insurance broker told me if I had any issues I could go to the medical centre by the Arches. I went there to check if this was true and though none of my details were taken, I was told to come to the center anytime I felt I needed to see a doctor. I took this to mean I didn't need to "register" with a medical practice. I take it this is wrong.

The one by the arches is a private medical centre and not on the Spanish NHS. Those with private medical insurance can use any authorised doctor.
You don't register with a private GP as they either bill you or the insurance company.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:11 pm

Brewingdog wrote:As I'm still under state pension age I took out medical insurance with Salus. The insurance broker told me if I had any issues I could go to the medical centre by the Arches. I went there to check if this was true and though none of my details were taken, I was told to come to the center anytime I felt I needed to see a doctor. I took this to mean I didn't need to "register" with a medical practice. I take it this is wrong.

I’m with Salus and I use the private doctor at the arches. Just take your Salus card when you have an appointment as they’ll charge the fees straight to Salus.

I’ve always had very good care from them and can get appointments pretty much straight away. If you need a referral they give you a slip which you take to Quiron hospital. I’ve been very impressed with Quiron too, usually get appointments very quickly and the care I’ve received there is excellent.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada