Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Uk state pension query

Re: Uk state pension query

Postby jpeg » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Darro wrote:Pensions are also paid in arrears so what you get say today is actually for March and that's why it won't include the 10.1% increase, you'll get that in May.

Pension payment I received last week Thursday ( normally Mondays ) included the increase, i get paid every week
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Anniep » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:03 am

We both got our pension forecast letters, with different cars from when the increase will be paid, so will see next week when it’s usually paid
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Darro » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:32 am

jpeg wrote:Pension payment I received last week Thursday ( normally Mondays ) included the increase, i get paid every week

Very probably because you have yours paid weekly not every 4 weeks ilke most I suspect.

My wife's is normally paid 4 weekly on a Monday, she too got it on Thursday but minus the increase further supporting the hypothesis.

"When will you receive the new rates?

The state pension rates increase from the first Monday of the new financial year, which was 10 April.

The new 2023-24 rates take effect from the first day of your next full benefit week. If your pay day is a Wednesday, for example, your state pension increase will take effect from 13 April.

The Department for Work and Pensions applies the same approach each year meaning that people receive the same rates of state pension for an equal number of weeks regardless of their pay day.

Therefore if your pension payment day is a Monday then the first full four-weekly payment at the new rates will be the 8 May for the period between 11 April-8 May.

And if your payday is on a Wednesday the first full four weekly payment at the new rate will be 11 May for the period between 13 April-10 May."

Trust UK to make things complicated!

Here's why we got it early.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/13/dwp-paym ... text_links
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Previous