Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Uk state pension query

Uk state pension query

Postby elchedave » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:11 pm

Hi all,
Can anyone who has recently reached pension age advise as to how long before your first payment was made to a Spanish bank account. A friend, (albeit UK resident with UK bank account) received a part payment nine days after her birthday, my wife turned 66 two weeks ago & as yet received no payment, just asking if this is normal or should we be chasing them up for a payment.
Kind regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Re: Uk state pension query

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:28 pm

I got a part payment 2 weeks and 2 days at first then I got other payment of 3 weeks I think 3 weeks later mines all muddled up as I did additional contributions and HMRC took their time to let the DWP know, hopefully it'll be correct next time. I finallybecame a pensioner end of Feb.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby jbeckybo » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:28 pm

I am assuming your wife has applied for her pension and sent off the necessary paperwork. We had to do this last month for my husband who turned 66 at the end of March. We have since had his birth certificate and our marriage certificate return to us by registered post from UK. According to the government website as we have applied for his pension to be paid monthly he will not receive his first payment until end of April.
jbeckybo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby marcliff » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:38 pm

As the pension site says:

You should get your first payment within 5 weeks of reaching State Pension age. Your first payment might be a part payment if your claim started less than 4 weeks before. The letter you get will tell you what payment to expect. You will get a full payment every 4 weeks after that.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby elchedave » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:04 pm

jbeckybo wrote:I am assuming your wife has applied for her pension and sent off the necessary paperwork. We had to do this last month for my husband who turned 66 at the end of March. We have since had his birth certificate and our marriage certificate return to us by registered post from UK. According to the government website as we have applied for his pension to be paid monthly he will not receive his first payment until end of April.

Hi,
My wife applied over the phone in December & received her confirmation letter late January, she didn't need to send any paperwork by post as everything was done verbally. Your husband could have applied for his pension much earlier, four months is the earliest you can apply which my wife did.
Many thanks for your feedback.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Postby Ross Kemp » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:46 am

If you go onto http://gov.uk. you can first register add your national insurance number.then there's a phone number. You need all your papers and you bank account here. In Spain. You can have payment every 4 weeks or 13 weeks which saves you money as the benefit office charges £2.33 each time they send you your money.
Ross Kemp

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby jpeg » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:00 am

Ross Kemp wrote:If you go onto http://gov.uk. you can first register add your national insurance number.then there's a phone number. You need all your papers and you bank account here. In Spain. You can have payment every 4 weeks or 13 weeks which saves you money as the benefit office charges £2.33 each time they send you your money.

Uk Pension can be paid into any UK bank account if you want no charge I have mine paid into HSBC
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Darro » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:13 am

Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby elchedave » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:27 am

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful & informative.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Postby Darro » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:43 pm

Pensions are also paid in arrears so what you get say today is actually for March and that's why it won't include the 10.1% increase, you'll get that in May.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Next