Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Using Hazard Lights.

Re: Using Hazard Lights.

Postby The Eagle » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:11 pm

BNT162b2 wrote:
Screenshot_20230416_100725_Chrome.jpg

The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Darro » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:36 pm

The Eagle wrote:It shows you're watching traffic behind.
Not really, it can just be a Pavlovian reaction to stopped traffic, just like some people (not many Spanish I grant) put their indicator on even when the is no traffic within 100m of them.

My wife is guilty of that, not another vehicle to be seen but the indicator goes on regardless!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Citreon2cv » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:15 pm

It’s common practice here to put hazards on if in a jam…
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Postby Big Wheeler » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:37 pm

Putting hazard lights on in circumstances such as approaching stationary traffic has been spreading from northern europe over several years.If it helps following drivers what is the problem?They may be unsighted or not concentrating but it's better than having someone pile into your boot.Another thing from my times in Germany is German drivers routinely filter zipper style where there is a lane closure.It was mentioned in the German Highway code but maybe Germans have more consideration in these circumstances.When they want to drive at 200 mph on the autobahns,however?
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby BNT162b2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:14 am

Darro wrote:
The Eagle wrote:It shows you're watching traffic behind.
Not really, it can just be a Pavlovian reaction to stopped traffic, just like some people (not many Spanish I grant) put their indicator on even when the is no traffic within 100m of them.

My wife is guilty of that, not another vehicle to be seen but the indicator goes on regardless!

Isn't that just good practice? Then it becomes second nature, and she's unlikely to be accused of "not indicating", as do many people are nowadays.
BNT162b2

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul M » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:18 am

Indicating is not just about other cars on the road (or absence of). Pedestrians / cyclists about to cross at a junction need to know what an approaching car might do. And as BNT says, using indicators should be second nature, not something we have to think about as being optional when turning, IMHO.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:55 am

We both indicate when roads are empty, it's just a natural reaction for us. What I don't like it when it automatically clicks off as I'm coming off a roundabout but hey ho,just have to click it on again
Chrisdee

Postby BNT162b2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:05 pm

Chrisdee wrote:We both indicate when roads are empty, it's just a natural reaction for us. What I don't like it when it automatically clicks off as I'm coming off a roundabout but hey ho,just have to click it on again

Yup...I do the same. It then becomes habit, and becomes lodged in the muscle memory...it's just a natural and sensible thing to do.
BNT162b2

Postby The Eagle » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:18 pm

I thought the thread was about hazard lights. How did turn indicators get involved.

Must have been Darro.
The Eagle

Postby brandyboy » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:35 pm

The Eagle wrote:I thought the thread was about hazard lights. How did turn indicators get involved.

Must have been Darro.

Whatever forum you are on, you look for trouble. You were previously given the boot from here, as Jaycee75. You just cannot stop yourself.
brandyboy

Previous