Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Certificate of life

Re: Certificate of life

Postby Ginger » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:09 pm

I have never heard of a Certificate of Life although I have lived overseas for 20+years. I periodically got a letter and attached form to fill in to say I was still alive. The form was simple a couple of questions, my signature and verifying signature and business stamp. There is a list of people permitted to verify, non of who should live at your address or be related. These letters and accompanying form have become more regular as I have got older but I have never had to request, find or print one. The forms relate to my state pension, my superannuated pension and a small private pension.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Re: Certificate of life

Postby marcliff » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:25 pm

Ginger wrote:I have never heard of a Certificate of Life although I have lived overseas for 20+years. I periodically got a letter and attached form to fill in to say I was still alive. The form was simple a couple of questions, my signature and verifying signature and business stamp. There is a list of people permitted to verify, non of who should live at your address or be related. These letters and accompanying form have become more regular as I have got older but I have never had to request, find or print one. The forms relate to my state pension, my superannuated pension and a small private pension.

That's exactly what this .is, a life cert to show you are still entitled to receive the pension.
I get one about every 3 years or so.
The OP is saying the lady who has the pension is unable to sign the form so needs someone with a power of attorney if addressed to the person holding that or to send a new power of attorney if addressed to the pension holder.

However, it also says you can return the form with a covering letter if you don't have power of attorney.

As she has said, the problem is signing the form if the person who gets the pension is unable to do so.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Previous