Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Certificate of life

Certificate of life

Postby Citreon2cv » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:20 pm

Hi can anybody point me in right direction to get a certificate of life for my mum please. Her mobility not great she has Alzheimer’s I have power of attorney. Would anybody come to the house.
Thanks
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Re: Certificate of life

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:42 pm

I've just googled it and seems like They are issued by foreign consulates and embassies accredited in Spain. They are legalised at the Legalisations Service of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation in order to be valid in Spain. The most common consular documents are: Life certificates and marital status certificates.

Best to pop into a lawyer's office and ask.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Citreon2cv » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:10 pm

Thanks have looked on the embassy page… they don’t do it any more. It gives a list of people who can. Just don’t know how to get the form.. if I could get mum out I can go to a notary. It’s only 3 steps together her down as we do use a wheelchair those 3 steps tho are like Everest for her. Uk won’t accept power of attorney as it’s old. I have never needed to change register it before as I could get to her Mail. She lives with me now. Uk won’t accept her padron either. I have been told to get an updated power of attorney which doesn’t exist even in uk…uk also won’t accept her padron. Thanks so much for googling for me and getting back to me ..
Citreon2cv

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:15 pm

Are you in Spain or UK and what do you need this certificate of life for? (I've never heard of it)
Chrisdee

Postby Citreon2cv » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:13 pm

In Spain. It’s proof of life. I didn’t realise that it is needed for uk pension yearly. I’m hoping that uk pension will accept it for mum. As moved her in with me and trying to change her address for her pension. All I get is power of attorney needs up dating. A power of attorney is for life. You can’t get an updated one in uk. I could get a complete new one. Sadly now with mums illness she has no idea what is going on so wouldn’t get one. If anybody on uk pension look into this certificate of life.
Citreon2cv

Postby Bee » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:20 pm

Ring the Pension Service and they will have the form. It can generally be signed by anyone who isn't a close relative or a Doctor, Police, Peace Commissioner etc.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

I have a Civil Service Pension and we have to sign and return a form every year to say we are alive. It is a very simple form with a 2 line statement. It can be signed by anybody who isn't a close relative or as above.

Bee
Bee

Postby Citreon2cv » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:44 am

Thanks… sadly it can’t with mum due to her Alzheimer’s… she can’t sign anything herself or even really answer questions over the phone.
I agree it is easy to do. Sadly tho not in this case. Even with power of attorney. I have since found out I have to ask someone from the town hall. To visit and personally see mum.
Thanks for reply tho.
Citreon2cv

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:27 am

Are you in the UK or Spain, wonder if Help Vega Baja could assist you, maybe worth calling them, that's for Spain, or in the UK Age Concern or the Alzheimer's association. We have got an Alzheimer's association here you could try calling them to see if they can help but you may need to speak Spanish. Anythings worth a try.
Chrisdee

Postby Bee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:32 pm

Is that the advice the Overseas Pensions Office gave you? They must deal with this query on a daily basis sadly. It seems ironic that somebody you have never met will visit your mother, who they don't know, to certify who she is. I would have thought her attending Doctor would be the person best placed to do that. It is a very frustrating situation for you to be placed in on top of caring for your mother. Perhaps the Town Hall may be able to offer you services you didn't know were available to you as her carer. Good luck with getting it sorted.

Bee
Bee

Postby Citreon2cv » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:38 pm

Thanks. Uk pension has asked for an updated power of attorney. As mine is 2018. There is no such thing here or in uk. As it’s for life. So hoping a certificate of life would be sufficient to change mums address. Uk won’t accept padron. Sadly mums mobility not great. We only have 3 steps to het down but it’s too much for mum. Ramps don’t work. She doesn’t really see a doctor any more as it’s to much for her and we know the Alzheimer’s won’t get better. Too be honest when we have seen doctor they just want to give mum very strong sedatives and anti psychotic meds. Which she doesn’t need. A nurse will come to take blood for tests.
Sadly there are no real services for care. Thank you for your wishes.
Citreon2cv

Next