Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Caixa bank

Caixa bank

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:35 pm

Haven't been a fan of this bank for many years especially our branch in the town of Torrevieja. Anyway the other day we had an email from "Our" advisor inviting us in for a chat at the park of nations branch which is unusual as normally it's only the branch you have your account with where you can discuss business. Anyway we went today, what a breath of fresh air, the staff were lovely especially "Our" advisor. Apparently this is now our branch, I said it's the first we've heard of it. She said did you complain or ask to change, I said no but I did tell them they were shit and a bunch of thief's perhaps that was it? Anyway we're more than happy with this branch as it's easier to get to. We've now got free banking rather than 35 euros a quarter starting immediately and we got that by opening up a savings account with 25k and a 2.8% interest paid on it or having wages or a pension of a minimum 300 a month. She also sorted out a problem with our online banking which the other useless bunch couldn't fix in 18 months. You wouldn't have thought it was the same bank, so different
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Caixa bank

Postby marcliff » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:21 pm

Have all your standing orders, direct debits, bill payments etc been moved over as well? I understand your account number changes as the bank branch is incorporated in the IBAN.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:42 pm

It's just an extra account

E
marcliff wrote:Have all your standing orders, direct debits, bill payments etc been moved over as well? I understand your account number changes as the bank branch is incorporated in the IBAN.
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:43 pm

Ah see what you mean changing branches?
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 pm

She said our branch changed a while ago and everything's being paid but will double check, another sleepless night
Chrisdee

Postby Darro » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:51 pm

Your new 'advisor' wouldn't go by the name of Victor by any chance?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:53 pm

No why

Darro wrote:Your new 'advisor' wouldn't go by the name of Victor by any chance?
Chrisdee

Postby Darro » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:10 am

Before the Bankia takeover we had an advisor Called Victor in the Formenta de Segura branch and he was brilliant, one time he phoned me in his own time to remind me that the next day was the deadline for a car insurance policy I'd previously told him I was not going to renew, truly above and beyond the call of duty!

Sadly they moved him to a branch in Torre, not sure which one.

If you had him for an advisor you would be fortunate indeed!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:02 am

The girl we dealt with is a Ukrainian called Inna, very similar to Victor
Chrisdee

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:50 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Haven't been a fan of this bank for many years especially our branch in the town of Torrevieja. Anyway the other day we had an email from "Our" advisor inviting us in for a chat at the park of nations branch which is unusual as normally it's only the branch you have your account with where you can discuss business. Anyway we went today, what a breath of fresh air, the staff were lovely especially "Our" advisor. Apparently this is now our branch, I said it's the first we've heard of it. She said did you complain or ask to change, I said no but I did tell them they were shit and a bunch of thief's perhaps that was it? Anyway we're more than happy with this branch as it's easier to get to. We've now got free banking rather than 35 euros a quarter starting immediately and we got that by opening up a savings account with 25k and a 2.8% interest paid on it or having wages or a pension of a minimum 300 a month. She also sorted out a problem with our online banking which the other useless bunch couldn't fix in 18 months. You wouldn't have thought it was the same bank, so different

We got free banking with them once we took out house insurance and deposit €1000 a month. They never mentioned opening a savings account.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Next