Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

mercadona

mercadona

Postby cooper67 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:53 am

Was told today by my Spanish friend in the last 2 weeks there have been 5 robberies in Mercadona he helped the woman involved with the police bags getting stolen trolleys look out been warned
cooper67

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: mercadona

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:32 am

It's everywhere, you see bags ready for the picking all the time, taking them shouldn't happen in a perfect World but thats not how it is. If you leave a bag unattended, expect to have it taken.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Ginger » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:51 am

Not just third hand Mercadona news it is happening everywhere. I agree with Chrisdee you see bags left unattended all the time, the bag in the shopping trolley owner 5-10 metres further up the aisle looking for an item.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby telmel » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:38 am

Its about time supermarkets like Mercadona installed cctv, most big stores have it so why not there, unless i have missed it ?
No wonder the thieving scumbags are queuing up to rob people outside and in, there is no deterrent
And it is not as if they don't make enough profit to pay for it, their prices have shot up recently compared to others
Even a security guard would help
Funnily enough after i was about to post this i decided to do a search to see if Mercadona did have cctv, and i found an article saying the same from 2019
https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news ... ts-stores/
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:08 pm

click on the link and you need to register

telmel wrote:Its about time supermarkets like Mercadona installed cctv, most big stores have it so why not there, unless i have missed it ?
No wonder the thieving scumbags are queuing up to rob people outside and in, there is no deterrent
And it is not as if they don't make enough profit to pay for it, their prices have shot up recently compared to others
Even a security guard would help
Funnily enough after i was about to post this i decided to do a search to see if Mercadona did have cctv, and i found an article saying the same from 2019
https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news ... ts-stores/
Chrisdee

Postby telmel » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:34 pm

Strange C, it just opened again for me , maybe i joined at sometime previously ?
I tried to copy and paste the article but it wont let me
I will try to find another link then edit it in
Ps just found another story but this one shows Mercadona getting fined for not releasing video footage to a woman when requested, so some stores must have it
https://spaintoday.news/2022/06/01/merc ... nce-video/

PPS another link to a story about Mercadona getting a huge fine for using a facial recognition system , apparently not legal
Maybe this might explain the lack of up to date security there
https://dataprivacymanager.net/e25-mill ... mercadona/
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Neradd » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:06 pm

Post Brext EU....

:text-lol:
Neradd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:07 pm

I was telling my husband this story today and I should have known he’d have something to add! The other day while we were shopping in our Mercadona, he tells me he spotted 2 women and a child walking around the supermarket. What made him suspicious was the fact they weren’t pushing a trolley or carrying any bags. I’m now thinking that they were on the lookout for a handbag So smart, lift a handbag out of a trolley and keep walking. Who is going to notice anything untoward?

I wear a crossbody bag when here in Spain and hold it tightly. This Theo of theft must be a very lucrative business. I detest thieves, the lowest of the low.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Glassfull » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:51 pm

telmel wrote:Its about time supermarkets like Mercadona installed cctv…

Why should a business be responsible for a customer’s lack of self-awareness/attention?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:53 pm

They should look after their customers a little bit I think, if the thiefs knew they could get recognised it may help stop it or go towards it.

Glassfull wrote:
telmel wrote:Its about time supermarkets like Mercadona installed cctv…

Why should a business be responsible for a customer’s lack of self-awareness/attention?
Chrisdee

Next