Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

BBC iplayer

Re: BBC iplayer

Postby jpeg » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:48 am

Why is BBC iPlayer crashing when attempting to watch programmes on my Samsung TV?
Connected TV | Under investigation

*** Wednesday 19 April ***

We're aware of an issue with the iPlayer app on certain Samsung TV's where the app crashes when attempting to watch a programme.

Samsung are currently investigating this and hope to release a fix in a future update.

Once we know more, we will update this page.

Affected models:

UE32T4300AKXXU
UE32T5300AKXXU
UE43TU7000K
UE43TU7100K
UE50TU7000K
UE50TU7100K
UE55TU7000K
UE55TU7100K
UE58TU7100K
UE65TU7000K
UE65TU7100K
UE70TU7100K
UE75TU7000K
UE75TU7100K
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby earlybay » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:06 am

Are you downloading iplayer from App Store or onto Amazon Silk internet?
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby nottsman » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:35 am

Thank you, downing from Amazon Firestick app store
nottsman

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby nottsman » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:25 pm

Yes yes thank you all, something clicked in my head and I downloaded the APK version and it working, again thank you all for your time.

Nottsman
nottsman

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby kingscliff » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:32 pm

I'm currently in the UK and can iplayer no problem, I then switch on my VPN on which I select a UK location, but it wouldn't work, tried the same thing with my sons VPN, same problem. I looked further into this and found the BBC will only allow UK registered IP addresses, it would seem that the randomly selected IP addresses are not registered. I have been advised that NORD and Sharksurf will work but I don't have these.
kingscliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby David Stokes » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:11 pm

kingscliff wrote:I'm currently in the UK and can iplayer no problem, I then switch on my VPN on which I select a UK location, but it wouldn't work, tried the same thing with my sons VPN, same problem. I looked further into this and found the BBC will only allow UK registered IP addresses, it would seem that the randomly selected IP addresses are not registered. I have been advised that NORD and Sharksurf will work but I don't have these.

I have NordVPN and it works well. They have lots of servers in the UK, so if BBC recognises one, which has only happened a couple of times in the 4 years we have been using it, then you can change to a different server very easily.

A word of warning. Do be careful which VPN you choose, stick to one of the well known ones. You are routing your internet connection via their server, so could be at risk if they are not reputable.
David Stokes

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Darro » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:36 pm

That's why I would advise only using a VPN where and when required, i.e. on a Firestick etc. not on a router itself and not on devices on which you conduct internet banking or other sensitive activities.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion