Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Roundabout changes

Re: Roundabout changes

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:05 pm

Roundabouts are fairly new here, 25 years ago don't think they had them
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby JustGinger » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:24 pm

jpeg wrote:
oldman59 wrote:So what is the point in having two lanes on the roundabout ??

I would have thought that was obvious
One to carry straight on and one to turn left or go round

I hope that was tongue in cheek? :-)
JustGinger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul M » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:02 pm

The fact that people don’t use indicators on roundabouts is a major cause of problems. No idea why there is no requirement to indicate when you are continuing round. Even signalling when exiting seems to be optional for most.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:03 pm

I don't act on that anywhere these days, don't trust them, they say one thing and do another

Paul M wrote:The fact that people don’t use indicators on roundabouts is a major cause of problems. No idea why there is no requirement to indicate when you are continuing round. Even signalling when exiting seems to be optional for most.
Chrisdee

Postby Cornishbug » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:14 pm

Yes it may seem obvious to us or not that are here but if you see 2 arrows pointing the same way & people are not used to driving here its a recipe for disaster.. We have also witnessed silly old sods driving the wrong way round the roundabouts! Is that acceptable as well ???
Cornishbug

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Fulgencio

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:37 pm

You certainly do see it all here but listening to the UK radio the other day it was a traffic report and there were accidents here, there and everywhere think it boils down to standards dropping and do you think for youngsters the games they play on a computer, Grand theft auto type things makes them feel they can drive on the roads the same wayand if you crash, reset and start again?
Chrisdee

Postby kingscliff » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:26 pm

It will be interesting to see what difference it makes and if it causes more congestion.
kingscliff

Postby donniemacd » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:51 am

According to the 332 website, the inside lane is for overtaking only!
This is why we have idiots who are overtaking and then cutting in on the drivers who are going all the way around.
As far as I am aware Spain is the only European country that teaches turning left by going all the way round the roundabout on the outside lane and NO need to indicate as that is considered a courtesy.
Considering the amount of foreign visitors, not to mention the thousands of non Spanish living in Spain, It's a case of when in Rome!!!!
donniemacd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreta 2

Postby marcliff » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:14 pm

donniemacd wrote:According to the 332 website, the inside lane is for overtaking only!
This is why we have idiots who are overtaking and then cutting in on the drivers who are going all the way around.
As far as I am aware Spain is the only European country that teaches turning left by going all the way round the roundabout on the outside lane and NO need to indicate as that is considered a courtesy.
Considering the amount of foreign visitors, not to mention the thousands of non Spanish living in Spain, It's a case of when in Rome!!!!

They stopped that quite a long time ago. Spanish highway code (yes, there is one) has shown using the nearside lane for going around for a long time.
Trouble is, older people were taught the other way and still use it like that. We've had the diagrams on here several times and it shows the right hand lane is for going straight on or turning right. The left hand lane is for turning left or going all the way round but you must move to the right hand lane before exiting.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Mickey Braw » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:42 pm

The EU guidance is to indicate on exit only.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext

Return to Quesada general discussion