Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

ROBBED IN CHARITY SHOP in San Miguel

ROBBED IN CHARITY SHOP in San Miguel

Postby Julesypops » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:13 pm

Please be aware of people shoving in front of you to put back clothing on rails.

There was 3 of them, both me and my mum had our purses stolen. We didn't feel a thing and my bag was still zipped up!

A very lovely, young couple spotted them on the kerb in Benijofar, and rang us, as mum had her number in her purse. They very kindly dropped the purses to us, obviously minus the cash.

Thanks so much to that couple.

It's unsettling, and I volunteer in a charity shop!!!!
Julesypops

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: ROBBED IN CHARITY SHOP in San Miguel

Postby Mickey Braw » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:23 pm

Julesypops, I see your posts on here doing your very best for the horse charity. You do a great job!!! I am very sorry to hear that you have suffered at the hands of some scumbags. Let’s hope that what goes around comes around and these vermin get theirs.
Chin up!!!
Mickey Braw

Postby Julesypops » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:34 pm

Thank you. I volunteer as I love my job, and I support other charities, where I do my shopping on my day off.

My mum volunteers with me also, and it feels like they took all our money and we do it for charity reasons.

So sad.
Julesypops

Postby telmel » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:03 pm

Was there any CCTV in the charity shop ?
Cameras are so cheap now and for a small subscription some save the recordings for review
Not a place you would expect it to happen , but i had my wallet and phone stolen from my rucksack while in a queue at the ITV station a couple of years ago , i also never felt a thing and nothing on camera
Last edited by telmel on Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby marcliff » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:03 pm

Rotten swines. Almost happened to me in Consum some years ago. One pushed past me to get some beers down and he looked a little simple which was obviously an act. I happened to look down and saw the pocket in my shorts was open which it wasn't before so he must have undone it ready to grab the wallet.

I pushed him out of the way and redid my pocket up and he sloped off without the beers.
Saw him get into a SUV parked outside with LT (Lithuania) number plates.

A few kickings would do a lot of good to remove this scum, especially in charity shops which is the lowest of the low.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2