Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Anyone recently changed energy supplier

Re: Anyone recently changed energy supplier

Postby marcliff » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:28 pm

€44.97 my total bill this month with Iberdrola. Haven't been away anywhere and no different in usage.
The references to gas caps etc now disappeared in April.

I'm staying where I am.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jonlamb » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:51 pm

Hi, yes I changed suppliers from Iberdrola to octopus and have had my first bill 74 euros. The rates are fixed for a year at 16.8 24/7 so no need to worry at what time I use my equipment. I have been quite happy with Iberdrola for some 20 years but the recently increased my rates without letting my know.
I will think twice before returning to Iberdrola because I don't like their, cheaper for some but more expensive for others if we find you gullible enough.
Jonlamb

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby Jonlamb » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:56 pm

Hi, yes I changed suppliers from Iberdrola to octopus and have had my first bill 74 euros. The rates are fixed for a year at 16.8 24/7 so no need to worry at what time I use my equipment. I have been quite happy with Iberdrola for some 20 years but they recently increased my rates without letting my know.
I will think twice before returning to Iberdrola because I don't like their, cheaper for some but more expensive for others if we find you gullible enough.
Jonlamb

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby Paul58 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:16 pm

UPDATE:
I did try the comparison site (sicompare.com), as suggested but it wanted a copy of my current bill before it would give me any comparisons. I did consider Octopus.es but wanted to fix for longer than just 12 months and didn't really want to keep messing about with direct debits.

In the end I signed up with Iberdrola online for another 5 year fix on their 8 hour plan (0.217 & 0.127). We already use smartplugs for water heater, dishwasher, washing machine etc so working within the 8 hours is no problem.

To other Iberdrola users I would suggest keeping an eye on your tariff, so that when your 5 year fix expires it doesn't take you by surprise, unlike me :? ...Also go online to see what offers are available, it's a waste of time visiting their office.

Many thanks for the replies & suggestions.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby RJC » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:20 pm

Re :sicompare.com

I ask myself : Why not provide a copy of your bill?
RJC

Postby Paul58 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:10 pm

RJC wrote:Re :sicompare.com

I ask myself : Why not provide a copy of your bill?

It was this message that put me off "

Due to a number of price changes, we are performing an update with our online comparison, please upload a copy of your latest bill for the latest market comparison.

"
It didn't inspire confidence and I preferred not to send all the information on my current bill to the comparison site.

However, don't let me put you off using it.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby RJC » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:25 pm

How else are they going to assess your situation?
If you look at their reviews, you can see that there are many happy users.
No concerns about security etc.
Are you up for testing them out and seeing what they come up with?
If you are, then please share your experience and what you find out with the TQ forum
RJC

Postby Tonbar » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:20 pm

I am with Naturgy 8 cents per kWh. I also have Solar panels. Naturgy also provide my gas. I am not aware of a cap. The price is very competitive. Iberdrola have always been expensive. If you want someone to change contracts for you send me a pm. The person speaks very good English. Naturgy clients assistance are very helpful and speak English.
Tonbar

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby faolteam » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:02 am

marcliff wrote:
Paul58 wrote:Hi,

I've been with Iberdrola on their "8 hour plan" since 2018 and just recently (2022) my tariff has almost doubled to 29.8 cents kwh (peak) and 16.9 cents kwh (off peak). I've just called at their office to see if they can help. However, they've said they can't offer a lower deal and say that if I change contract I will be subject to an extra gas cap tariff. Yet when I look online they are offering a better deal. (Perhaps for new customers?)

Hours with best price

0.127172 €/kWh

Hours with no promotion

0.217854 €/kWh

My first question is aimed at anyone who's changed supplier recently. Have you been subjected to an extra gas cap tariff and if so how much was this?

Octopus.es are offering a 12 month fix for 17 cents kwh, which beats Iberdrolas 8 hour plan. Has anyone recently switched to this company and how did things go?

Any other sucess stories, or otherwise, in changing electricity supplier.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and a special thanks for any replies.

Did you get that from one of the sellers in Habaneras or at one of the shops?
I'm on the 8 hours tariff and picked it online.
My rates are non promotional 0.1991 and promotional 0.0813.
So both a lot lower than those.
The so called gas cap actually gave me 9 cents reduction in the bill.

Stay away from those Sellers in Habaneras, Leroy Merlin, They promise u everything they dont tell you there putting u on the protection insurance etc and change ur plane Avoid them
faolteam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gustav » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:27 am

I changed tariff with Iberdorla to a cheaper 16c kw all day every day, last week,
Went in there office in Rojales , no problem ,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext