Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Anyone recently changed energy supplier

Anyone recently changed energy supplier

Postby Paul58 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:05 pm

Hi,

I've been with Iberdrola on their "8 hour plan" since 2018 and just recently (2022) my tariff has almost doubled to 29.8 cents kwh (peak) and 16.9 cents kwh (off peak). I've just called at their office to see if they can help. However, they've said they can't offer a lower deal and say that if I change contract I will be subject to an extra gas cap tariff. Yet when I look online they are offering a better deal. (Perhaps for new customers?)

Hours with best price

0.127172 €/kWh

Hours with no promotion

0.217854 €/kWh

My first question is aimed at anyone who's changed supplier recently. Have you been subjected to an extra gas cap tariff and if so how much was this?

Octopus.es are offering a 12 month fix for 17 cents kwh, which beats Iberdrolas 8 hour plan. Has anyone recently switched to this company and how did things go?

Any other sucess stories, or otherwise, in changing electricity supplier.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and a special thanks for any replies.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Anyone recently changed energy supplier

Postby TimSha1213 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:22 pm

Switch went through today ...... swapped to octopus because they are installing our solar panels. They seem to be slightly cheaper, but that wasn't main reason for switching. We have octopus in the uk and always found them to be better than the rest ( my opinion ). Spanish octopus,so far, has been good ..... but only time will tell. As with all companies, customer service is fine .... at first lol
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Mary M » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:23 pm

You will get a better deal online with Iberdrola than going to the shop when renewing contract they told me this when i went to query something on my contract and the girl said she couldn’t have given me such a good deal plus i got the contract for five years. I would go online and see what they offer you as don't have to accept it.
Mary M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby marcliff » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:34 pm

Paul58 wrote:Hi,

I've been with Iberdrola on their "8 hour plan" since 2018 and just recently (2022) my tariff has almost doubled to 29.8 cents kwh (peak) and 16.9 cents kwh (off peak). I've just called at their office to see if they can help. However, they've said they can't offer a lower deal and say that if I change contract I will be subject to an extra gas cap tariff. Yet when I look online they are offering a better deal. (Perhaps for new customers?)

Hours with best price

0.127172 €/kWh

Hours with no promotion

0.217854 €/kWh

My first question is aimed at anyone who's changed supplier recently. Have you been subjected to an extra gas cap tariff and if so how much was this?

Octopus.es are offering a 12 month fix for 17 cents kwh, which beats Iberdrolas 8 hour plan. Has anyone recently switched to this company and how did things go?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and a special thanks for any replies.

Did you get that from one of the sellers in Habaneras or at one of the shops?
I'm on the 8 hours tariff and picked it online.
My rates are non promotional 0.1991 and promotional 0.0813.
So both a lot lower than those.
The so called gas cap actually gave me 9 cents reduction in the bill.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul58 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:57 pm

marcliff wrote:
Did you get that from one of the sellers in Habaneras or at one of the shops?
I'm on the 8 hours tariff and picked it online.
My rates are non promotional 0.1991 and promotional 0.0813.
So both a lot lower than those.
The so called gas cap actually gave me 9 cents reduction in the bill.

The "improved rate" is what's available online. it's fixed for 5 years, bar cpi increases. https://www.iberdrola.es/en/electricity/choose-8-hours-plan
The shop couldn't offer anything better than my current rate (0.29 & 0.15)

My old rates were 0.18 non-promotional and 0.08 promotional and they were at that rate for about 5 years. Of course cpi was very low during that period so I probably didn't notice any very small increases.

I'll probably go with Octopus for 12 months and re-visit Iberdrola next year, for another 8 hour plan 5 year fix.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby RJC » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:57 am

See what sicompare.com can come up with
This is a helpful comparison web-site !!!
RJC

Postby suzi wong » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:05 am

TimSha1213 wrote:Switch went through today ...... swapped to octopus because they are installing our solar panels. They seem to be slightly cheaper, but that wasn't main reason for switching. We have octopus in the uk and always found them to be better than the rest ( my opinion ). Spanish octopus,so far, has been good ..... but only time will tell. As with all companies, customer service is fine .... at first lol

Could I ask if Octopus are accepting Wise or non Spanish IBAN accounts for d/debits now,as I believe they wasn’t earlier,thanks.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby TimSha1213 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:18 pm

Sorry not sure .... our payment will come out of our Sabadell account. Never thought to ask about Wise
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby suzi wong » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:27 pm

TimSha1213 wrote:Sorry not sure .... our payment will come out of our Sabadell account. Never thought to ask about Wise

Ok,thanks,I’ll email them & ask.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Whelts » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:50 pm

Paul58 wrote:Hi,

Hours with best price

0.127172 €/kWh

Hours with no promotion

0.217854 €/kWh

Whelts

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Next