Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bus timetables in Quesada

Bus timetables in Quesada

Postby gedrotheram » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:06 pm

Can anyone tell me what bus to get from Alicante airport to Quesada please? And any other information about bus timetables would be helpful
gedrotheram

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Bus timetables in Quesada

Postby marcliff » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:46 pm

Simple, there aren't any. You can get the airport bus to Torrevieja and then a taxi from there. Or there's one to Guardamar and, sometimes, a bus to Rojales but that's it.

One thing always lacking in Quesada and that's buses. A couple a day to Torrevieja but generally don't match up with any coming back or, more often than not, don't turn up or turn up early.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:52 pm

Beniconnect fantastic 19.00 per person drops and pick up at the Arches modern mini bus always on time the last four times my friend used them and he was the only person on it!!
cheflady

Postby Bee » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:16 pm

Are they back working in the South Costa Jules?

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:01 pm

Bee wrote:Are they back working in the South Costa Jules?
#
Bee

Bit awkward on their website. It shows the South Costa one for 19 euro but when you call it up the dates go from 2024. If you change it to 2023, the actual shuttle disappears and it just gives you the taxi rates which are quite high.

Would be interested to know if they have actually restarted yet. Definitely cheaper if there is only you or you and a partner.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bee » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:36 pm

Last email I had from them said they hoped to resume but it looks like they haven't reinstated the service yet. Maybe they will reintroduce it for the high season.

Bee
Bee

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:33 am

I rang them this morning, no bus is available and no plans to reinstate it.

Bee wrote:Last email I had from them said they hoped to resume but it looks like they haven't reinstated the service yet. Maybe they will reintroduce it for the high season.

Bee
Chrisdee

Postby John Mugglestone » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:17 pm

Quesada
Is absolutely awful for buses , I have been to various open meetings without wonderful unhelpful council who always say that buses are in the control of Valencia Council, when I ask who represents us there , they always blank the question and move on, trouble is although the monies come from Quesada the votes come fro Rojales, so, who gets priority?
John Mugglestone

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cuidad Quesada

Postby elchedave » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:03 pm

Over the last 20 or so years there have been a number of bus services from both Quesada & Rojales including a free bus service to the Habaneras shopping centre, regular times each Wednesday all day & every Friday evening. My wife & i used these buses regularly & more often than not we were the only people on the bus. Even the "inter city" buses from Orihuela to Guardamar & Orihuela to Alicante services have been reduced drastically, the reason is simple, No one uses them!!!
Everyone says they need/want a bus service but when they are put on people complain "it's the wrong times" or "it's not going where i want" so the service is unprofitable & has to stop.
This is one of the reasons that after 18 years of Quesada living we decided to move to Guardamar, we have a regular "hopper bus" from our Urb into town (free for over 65's & just 85 cents for others) once in Guardamar there is public transport to almost anywhere within Spain, whilst we do still drive we can pop to Alicante, Santa Pola, Torrevieja, Orihuela etc on the bus, enjoy a day out & indulge in a beer /wine etc.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar