Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Romanians in Lemon Tree Market

Re: Romanians in Lemon Tree Market

Postby mondo » Mon May 01, 2023 10:16 am

Jordy wrote:
mondo wrote:I wish I could do that. To tell the nationalty just by looking at them would be a great talent for boarder guards..

For me I can't tell Romanians from Bulgarians or Albanians, Georgians, or Serbo Croats.....

Or borders from boarders apparently!

Damn predictive sex...
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby TimSha1213 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:57 am

:text-lol:
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Bunnyrabbit » Mon May 01, 2023 11:25 am

cheflady wrote:Agree Bee where we live there's a gypsy village about a 30 minute walk away and we've been approached several times asking if we would sell Asbo for dog fighting!!

ASBO?? Anti Social Behaviour Order for a dog ??
Bunnyrabbit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul M » Mon May 01, 2023 11:34 am

Bunnyrabbit wrote:
cheflady wrote:Agree Bee where we live there's a gypsy village about a 30 minute walk away and we've been approached several times asking if we would sell Asbo for dog fighting!!

ASBO?? Anti Social Behaviour Order for a dog ??

It’s not an actual ASBO, it’s the dogs name. Many people with pit-bull type aggressive looking dogs often name them things like ASBO, Killer, Jaws etc;
And before all the pit bull type dog owners start, I know they are often very placid friendly dogs but they DO look aggressive!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Gustav » Mon May 01, 2023 2:25 pm

Paul M wrote:Looked more like he was referring to people from Romania, not Romany people who are a different cohort entirely.

There are Rumanian gypses around , a family of around 12 live near me, most of them beg outside the local supermarkets
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul M » Mon May 01, 2023 6:46 pm

Gustav wrote:
Paul M wrote:Looked more like he was referring to people from Romania, not Romany people who are a different cohort entirely.

There are Rumanian gypses around , a family of around 12 live near me, most of them beg outside the local supermarkets

How do you know they’re ‘Romanian’? The ‘Roma’ or ‘Romany’ gypsies are from all over the place, Italy, Bulgaria, France etc; there are twice as many from Turkey than from Romania for example.

Yes ‘Romany’ people may have common identifiable features but these certainly wouldn’t indicate their country of origin or residence.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Gustav » Mon May 01, 2023 6:58 pm

Paul M wrote:
Gustav wrote:
Paul M wrote:Looked more like he was referring to people from Romania, not Romany people who are a different cohort ent2irely.

There are Rumanian around , a family of around 12 live near me, most of them beg outside the local supermarkets

How do you know they’re ‘Romanian’? The ‘Roma’ or ‘Romany’ gypsies are from all over the place, Italy, Bulgaria, France etc; there are twice as many from Turkey than from Romania for example.

Yes ‘Romany’ people may have common identifiable features but these certainly wouldn’t indicate their country of origin or residence.

Because I talk to them and they told me they are Romianian, they just normal people with different views and outlooks on life and different perceptions of values , not everyone wants more and more, some just want to live bye any means, altho I don't agree with some of there views, one of them works for local ayumento, and is a good grafter, and they always have there dogs on a leshe, when walking them, unlike many if the know it all brits ,they the rumianians seem to train?there dogs and children to respect ther elders from what I've seen,
Weras the brits just train there dogs and let there kids run wild and feral.
Roma , Irish (gypsies)as you call them etc you don't need to lecture me I've mixed and lived with them ,to call Roma , gypsies is an insult to them, .
Gustav

Postby Gustav » Mon May 01, 2023 7:15 pm

Weres the village?
Callosa? Do you mean
Gustav

Postby Bee » Mon May 01, 2023 7:17 pm

Good on you Gustav. I often see the term Irish gypsies but we have "Travellers" in Ireland. That is what they officially wish to be called and have now been recognised officially as an ethnic minority.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Mon May 01, 2023 7:39 pm

Romany gypsies (or Gitanos) have been coming to Spain for centuries. They came from North Africa and the name derives from their origins in Egypt. Reckoned to be about 700 to 750, 000 of them in Spain with smaller groups in Portugal.

Romanians, on the other hand, are a different race and started coming to Spain much more recently since Romania joined the EU in 2007. They were given a block of a few years before being allowed to live in Spain. Prior to that, they were only allowed to enter for 3 months if they could show they could support themselves.

Now reckoned to be over 600,000 Romanians living in Spain which is about double the amount of Brits registered as residents.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

PreviousNext