Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Romanians in Lemon Tree Market

Re: Romanians in Lemon Tree Market

Postby Chrisdee » Mon May 01, 2023 7:45 pm

Maybe we should refer to all the robbers as scumbags, no matter what they look like or where they come from
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul M » Mon May 01, 2023 7:58 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Maybe we should refer to all the robbers as scumbags, no matter what they look like or where they come from

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Bee » Mon May 01, 2023 8:15 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Maybe we should refer to all the robbers as scumbags, no matter what they look like or where they come from

Agree Chris only a little bit stronger with the language.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby garysl » Mon May 01, 2023 9:12 pm

In the 90's, before Romania had joined the EU, there were Romanian (really Romanian, not just Romany) pick pocketing gangs, flying over and working the busy markets in England, on a very regular basis. I don't ever recall Bulgarian, Hungarian, or any other Eastern European nation, sending their extremely skilled pickpockets over to rob pensioners on Bury market, but they may have done.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby marcliff » Mon May 01, 2023 9:21 pm

garysl wrote:In the 80's, before Romania had joined the EU, there were Romanian (really Romanian, not just Romany) pick pocketing gangs, flying over and working the busy markets in England, on a very regular basis. I don't ever recall Bulgarian, Hungarian, or any other Eastern European nation, sending their extremely skilled pickpockets over to rob pensioners on Bury market, but they may have done.

They certainly did here. The one that almost got me was Lithuanian (or so the reg on the car said). Many newspaper reports state "of Lithuanian/Latvian/Bulgarian" origin etc. The Brits appear to be the ones running the drug gangs.
As Chrisdee says, scumbags the lot of them.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Gustav » Tue May 02, 2023 6:22 am

Theres scumbags, robbers, thieves, of every nationality, its just that some can't see it, and the news papers, TV news etc highlite certain news worthy topics to sell papers create news, as the majority of people like to gossip and rumour monger,
Live your life the best you can , without harm to man nor beast, look after one's processions the best you can,if you get robbed or pickpocketed that's bad news,but usualy it's because your off your guard,don't give them the opportunity,there's even spanish, british robbers and burgulars
But I'm sure I've met more nice people than I have bad people,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mondo » Tue May 02, 2023 9:13 am

Gustav wrote:Theres scumbags, robbers, thieves, of every nationality, its just that some can't see it, and the news papers, TV news etc highlite certain news worthy topics to sell papers create news, as the majority of people like to gossip and rumour monger,
Live your life the best you can , without harm to man nor beast, look after one's processions the best you can,if you get robbed or pickpocketed that's bad news,but usualy it's because your off your guard,don't give them the opportunity,there's even spanish, british robbers and burgulars
But I'm sure I've met more nice people than I have bad people,

Good post..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous