Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Companies assisting with Non Lucrative Visa application

Companies assisting with Non Lucrative Visa application

Postby GnG » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

Looking for recommendations on Companies (solicitors etc) that have provided assistance with the NL visa application / submission back here in Scotland.

It would also be very much appreciated if an associated cost could be provided.

many thanks in advance
GnG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Re: Companies assisting with Non Lucrative Visa application

Postby cooper67 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:20 pm

my first year application last year was expensive used a lawyer SMG they charged me 1000 euros i also had to pay 1000 pounds to the Spanish consulate in Edinburgh i then had to take out medical insurance with Asssa that cost 3000 for me and my wife was in Alicante this week for year 2/3 of NLV i used right moves in Quesada this time the cost was100 euro each for me and my wife still had to take out Asssa insurance another 3000 euros right moves in Quesada were great but the NLV is expensive Brexit was a great idea ?????
cooper67

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Paul20 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:37 pm

If it’s your first NLV application then you can expect to pay circa £6k by the time you’ve paid your solicitor, consulate fees, doctors certificate, ACRO CRB, translation and certification of required documents. I would recommend Rightmove in Quesada
Paul20

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Gloverglover15 » Mon May 01, 2023 6:56 am

We used Upsticks, really happy with the service walked us through step by step, check out their website Upsticks.es full details available you can book a free call they will explain everything and costs.
Good luck whoever you use
Gloverglover15

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Trud » Mon May 01, 2023 7:17 am

Do you have to apply to Spanish embassy in UK & have the £27000 in bank or an I on wrong track to get residency to allow to move over to Spain? Just asking cause I am non resident at moment & hopefully will be moving out within next 2 years. Is nlv something you need on top of residency?
Thank you kindly
Trud

Postby marcliff » Mon May 01, 2023 7:40 am

Trud wrote:Do you have to apply to Spanish embassy in UK & have the £27000 in bank or an I on wrong track to get residency to allow to move over to Spain? Just asking cause I am non resident at moment & hopefully will be moving out within next 2 years. Is nlv something you need on top of residency?
Thank you kindly

The NLV is the visa you require which enables you to come to Spain to app;y for residency. Once you have that visa, you come to Spain and go through the residency procedure with it

You need to show your income for each year will match the amount required (currently 600 euro per month x 4 x 12 or €28,800 per year). It is income they require, not necessarily savings unless you have a lot. For example, you need to show you have that amount to last you each year.

After your first year, you would need to show you have twice that amount for the next two years. If 28,800 in pension or other income each year then fine because you could show 57600 over 2 years. If savings or non earning assets then you'd have to show the 57600 in one go.

Then the same at the three year point.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby BNT162b2 » Mon May 01, 2023 8:28 am

A friend of mine applied for the NLV recently, and was informed that just having the savings is not enough - the authorities needed proof of a "guaranteed regular income", through something such as a pension - the reason being that "savings can be spent".

They're under 50, so don't have access to their pension as yet. They had around €220000 in savings, and pointed out that a pension income is not guaranteed (a personal pension fund could crash and be worth nothing; a state pension is not "guaranteed"), but no joy.

Seems like the approval may depend on who you get to see, and what mood they're in.
BNT162b2

Postby marcliff » Mon May 01, 2023 9:06 am

Correct. You do, after all, have to eat into those savings in order to live and pay bills so you can't guarantee you will have that amount left for the 2nd year. It's income they are looking for, not assets.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul58 » Mon May 01, 2023 9:20 am

BNT162b2 wrote:A friend of mine applied for the NLV recently, and was informed that just having the savings is not enough - the authorities needed proof of a "guaranteed regular income", through something such as a pension - the reason being that "savings can be spent".

They're under 50, so don't have access to their pension as yet. They had around €220000 in savings, and pointed out that a pension income is not guaranteed (a personal pension fund could crash and be worth nothing; a state pension is not "guaranteed"), but no joy.

Seems like the approval may depend on who you get to see, and what mood they're in.

This is true. The amount of savings to income ratio is decided on a number of factors and each application is based on merit.

Your friends would have at least 18 years to state pension age and although 220,000 euros is a significant amount of savings it would only amount to 6,100 euros per annum each until they reached state pension age. (inflation or any interest ignored as inflation is usually higher than interest).
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Thy Will Be Done » Mon May 01, 2023 11:39 am

Hi,

Hi GnG,

We offer a service for 99€ including iva.

You have a consultation with our fluent English speaking Spanish solicitor for up to an hour either on the phone or face to face.

At the end of the consultation, if you wish to move forwards and instruct our solicitor to act for you, the 99€ fee is deducted from the total fee for all the work required going forwards.

We have many clients now that have really benefited from this service because it means that the advice only costs 99€ if you decide to do things for yourself or is free if you wish to have the solicitor act for you.

Just give us a call on 865 756 058 and we can chat further.

Kind regards

Paul
Thy Will Be Done

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada