Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Wise Direct Debits

Re: Wise Direct Debits

Postby Kingy0 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:31 am

Bee wrote:It is a strange one KingyO. I can see where someone might make a mistake in their bank account details but surely the bank would pick up an incorrect name or some other security check which wouldn't match your account details.

Just a thought did you use your Wise A/c in say a Solicitors Office at any time. It may be that it was used in error for a new client when they were setting up D/Ds

Bee

Hi Bee, no I've not had a solicitor in Spain for over 15 years. It's clearly an error as others on the thread have legitimately had DDs taken for the same amount as taken from my account. Either someone has given Suma the wrong account number or wise have made an error. The reason I raised the issue is that I read on the forum that someone else had a mysterious debit but eventually wise credited it back, I just couldn't find that thread.
Kingy0

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby BNT162b2 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:26 pm

The two figures have been explained...but are those figures what you were expecting the basura and street maintenance figures to be in your area (Villamartin?)?

It's highly unlikely that the information would have been mistakenly applied against your account, at least for the reasons Bee has mentioned. Finance checks are really thorough...and given Wise have over 16 million customers worldwide, it's even more unlikely that a Spanish payment would have been attributed to your Wise account in error.

Best thing to do is to check your expected SUMA figures. At least, then you'll be able to use the CSV on SUMA.ES to see what details they're using.
BNT162b2

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Kingy0 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:42 pm

BNT162b2 wrote:The two figures have been explained...but are those figures what you were expecting the basura and street maintenance figures to be in your area (Villamartin?)?

It's highly unlikely that the information would have been mistakenly applied against your account, at least for the reasons Bee has mentioned. Finance checks are really thorough...and given Wise have over 16 million customers worldwide, it's even more unlikely that a Spanish payment would have been attributed to your Wise account in error.

Best thing to do is to check your expected SUMA figures. At least, then you'll be able to use the CSV on SUMA.ES to see what details they're using.

Thanks for your reply. As I have no direct debit set up with Suma it's difficult to see how there has not been an error somewhere. I pay my Suma online by my UK nationwide credit card when due,I'm not expecting a bill until September. According to the replies it appears the amounts taken from my account to be for basura and road cleaning? There's no way Suma could ask for a DD to be taken from my account without me initiating it. Something has gone wrong in the system and clearly whatever checks are in place they have not worked. It will be good when Wise explain what has happened and I get my euros back.
Kingy0

Postby Kingy0 » Thu May 04, 2023 4:05 pm

Update: I did not have a sensible reply from Wise but, following further contact the money has been put back in my account. I have insisted on a proper answer as to how this happened I will update when I get a reply.
Kingy0

Postby prefect » Sat May 06, 2023 7:47 am

A year ago Wise took out 2 payments in American Dollars from my euro account. I have never been to the USA or had dollars on my account. The account number was different to mine but the name of the American user was the same as mine.
I obviously complained and the money was reinstated in my account AS DOLLARS, Wise then
charged me to change the dollars back to euros.
Wise is NOT perfect and you have to be aware that they can make mistakes
prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Postby Bee » Sat May 06, 2023 9:44 am

It appears these mistakes happen quite frequently with Wise which would lead you to think their IT and security checks are not what they should be. I would have thought if all data didn't match an account, particularly a name and account number then their system should reject it and not allow it through.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Kingy0 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:46 am

I have not yet received any response from Wise about the DDs. However, having been on another forum today it seems the charges that were applied to my account were ones previously assigned via Hidraqua? I do pay Hidraqua by DD and am wondering if they gave my account details to SUMA to collect that particular payment? I am going to Spain next week so will need to pay a visit to SUMA office, I did notice that my water bill were much lower in April :?
Kingy0

Postby Kingy0 » Tue May 09, 2023 2:49 pm

Following some work on another social media site and in the last five minutes I also received a reply from WISE. Firstly, Wise did nothing wrong and correctly applied the DD to my account after receiving it from SUMA. The collection as stated by others for refuse and roads has been moved from Hidraqua to SUMA. I was completely unaware of this. Hidraqua must have given my bank details to Suma as that is the only explanation. SUMA send me emails telling me that the payment periods are open and even had one this morning saying it closes tomorrow, so it would have been nice for them to tell me about the DDs. I am in Spain next week so will visit the office to sort it all out. Thanks for all your replies and help.
Kingy0

Postby Bee » Tue May 09, 2023 4:04 pm

It is good that nobody has hacked your Wise account. Everything obviously went across lock, stock and barrel to SUMA for continuuty sake. There was probably a notice somewhere from Hidraqua informing people of the move which you don't seem to have been advised of or missed along the way.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby kevinchetwynd » Tue May 09, 2023 6:03 pm

One of my Suma bills was transferred from Hydraqua from last year and water account was reduced by that said amount
kevinchetwynd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

PreviousNext