Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Wise Direct Debits

Wise Direct Debits

Postby Kingy0 » Tue May 02, 2023 7:39 am

I woke this morning to find that somehow two direct debits have been set up and paid today on my wise account for Suma. One was for 8.10 and the other for 34.80. I have never set up DD with Suma and pay online when the bills are due. I have just paid the car tax of 50 by my credit card. I have never used my wise account to do this. I know you can pay Suma by DD but I have not set one up. I have already contacted wise this morning just waiting for a reply. Could this be a scam or is it just a mistake by wise and assigned a legitimate DD to the wrong account? Anyone else had any experience of wrongly assigned DDs or a scam to their account.
Kingy0

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Re: Wise Direct Debits

Postby Mac3blade » Tue May 02, 2023 8:42 am

My husband is also with Wise but he set up a DD to pay our Suma. Like you, 2 sums of money were paid yesterday. €21.37 and another €22.72. One for the house and the other for the car presumably.
Hope this helps.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Kingy0 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:50 am

I have spoken to Wise this morning they are investigating my complaint. Obviously these are not my direct debits as I have never set up DDs for Suma. I will update this when they tell me what's happened.
Kingy0

Postby suzi wong » Tue May 02, 2023 11:42 am

Just paid bins & car tax by d/ debit today by Wise just over €78 & €42,can’t imagine what two 20 odd euros are for.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby XieJiaWei » Tue May 02, 2023 12:07 pm

I had a debit of 2.45 taken off my card this morning for AP7 Toll. I haven't been on the AP7 since last Friday. Wise are investigating.
XieJiaWei

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Paul Uden » Tue May 02, 2023 7:16 pm

Ours went out the same as last year on 3 May, €15,78 for car and €78,36 for rubbish collection all from our Wise account. No issues.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Kenbo » Wed May 03, 2023 4:49 am

I had an email a few weeks ago from Suma stating that 3 direct debits would leave my Wise account on May 2nd.

€106 for car tax, €34.80 for Basura and €8.10 for street maintenance, I only found out what these last two items were for by calling Suma from the UK, he said that this year for your area La Florida they have been separated from the main payment in September, I asked if the main payment would now reduce, he said no one knows this amount until nearer the time, I paid €131 last year.

For Kingy0, I don't think it's a scam as Suma described exactly what is was for to me.

You can call this Suma number to be attended to in English 0034 965 292 000

Have your NIE number ready.

Ken
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby daz » Wed May 03, 2023 5:20 am

I’ve been reading similar posts elsewhere, and it seems it’s just down to a revision of taxes being collected separately buy suma now. So it shows as additional payments going out instead of one collective one. I also have an email confirming something about it, informing me a payment will be taken around the 2nd of May.
So I’m glad everyone is writing about it, as this confirms to me what I needed to know without really searching.
Thanks
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Kingy0 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:54 am

Thanks for all the replies, just to let you all know the problem is I have not set up any direct debits with SUMA and have certainly never given them any of my bank details ever, I always used to pay in cash until I stopped receiving the bills and now pay online by credit card from my nationwide account during the payment periods and paid my car Suma about 10 days ago. So it must be a mistake and somehow the DDs have been assigned to my account in error? I am still waiting for Wise to get back to me.
Kingy0

Postby Bee » Wed May 03, 2023 8:34 am

It is a strange one KingyO. I can see where someone might make a mistake in their bank account details but surely the bank would pick up an incorrect name or some other security check which wouldn't match your account details.

Just a thought did you use your Wise A/c in say a Solicitors Office at any time. It may be that it was used in error for a new client when they were setting up D/Ds

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next