Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pick up area alicante

Pick up area alicante

Postby YogiBear39 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Does anyone know if you go over your 10 mins free and alicante airport on the level of departures.
Can you pay at the machine at the barriers when you leave..
YogiBear39

Which part of Spain are you from?: SWANSEA

Re: Pick up area alicante

Postby marcliff » Wed May 03, 2023 6:08 pm

Unless it's changed, you had to put the ticket in the machine and pay and then drive out, not on actual leaving.

Haven't been since June last year so it may have changed.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Nolant » Thu May 04, 2023 7:18 am

You can pay at the barriers or at the machines throughout the area. The best option by far if you are staying longer than 10mins is to go into the main parking..it’s very cheap and accessible and a 5min walk..pay on level 4 on your way out.
Nolant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby achoosey » Thu May 04, 2023 7:51 am

There are 2 pay machines outside on the departure level, you need to endorse your ticket in the machine, it will tell you if there is anything to pay or if its free, there is no cash machine on the barrier.
achoosey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby YogiBear39 » Thu May 04, 2023 8:49 am

Cheers everyone
YogiBear39

Which part of Spain are you from?: SWANSEA

Postby Ginger » Thu May 04, 2023 10:31 am

Nolant wrote:You can pay at the barriers or at the machines throughout the area. The best option by far if you are staying longer than 10mins is to go into the main parking..it’s very cheap and accessible and a 5min walk..pay on level 4 on your way out.
can you pay at the barrier? The last time I was in Departures you couldn’t’t. I drove into an exit lane but obviously I got behind a lunatic. When it was his turn, he inserted ticket, barriers didn’t rise. He had obviously been longer than 10 mins, he banged and kicked the machine, tried to tug barrier up all accompanied by steady stream of oaths. He started walking to wards me t indicating I had to back off the ticket barrier was broken. With a dozen or more cars at the back of me I could do nothing.eventually a guardian arrived, started pulling cars back, the angry driver reversed his car out, parked to one side, ticket was inspected and man stormed away to pay. Thankfully the barrier was raised to let the disgruntled drivers through. All because the stupidity of one person others were inconvenienced. You know if you have been somewhere with a time limit and gone over time or are borderline.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby The Eagle » Thu May 04, 2023 11:14 am

If you can pay at the barrier why did he 'storm away to pay'

As achoosey posted ' There are 2 pay machines outside on the departure level, you need to endorse your ticket in the machine, it will tell you if there is anything to pay or if its free, there is no cash machine on the barrier'.
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Bee » Thu May 04, 2023 1:53 pm

You can pay at the left-hand barrier as I have done it. I don't think there are machines at the middle and right-hand barrier.

Bee
Bee

Postby Ginger » Thu May 04, 2023 1:55 pm

The Eagle wrote:If you can pay at the barrier why did he 'storm away to pay'

As achoosey posted ' There are 2 pay machines outside on the departure level, you need to endorse your ticket in the machine, it will tell you if there is anything to pay or if its free, there is no cash machine on the barrier'.
if you can now pay at the barrier it has only recently been introduced. Another post has commented on this.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby The Eagle » Thu May 04, 2023 2:59 pm

Bee wrote:You can pay at the left-hand barrier as I have done it. I don't think there are machines at the middle and right-hand barrier.

Bee

The Eagle

Next