Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

oasis club, san luis

oasis club, san luis

Postby pete25 » Tue May 09, 2023 4:59 pm

just noticed that the russian flag is flying at the oasis club
phoned them up but the manager said its a private party and nothing to do with her
who allowed it?
pete25

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Re: oasis club, san luis

Postby pete25 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:14 pm

apparrantly its for a russian worker ??
I dont think that they should be allowed to fly the flag though, after the terrible invasion of ukraine
thats my view
pete25

Postby Babsie » Wed May 10, 2023 12:32 pm

I agree, how can tbey be proud of their flag?
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby telmel » Wed May 10, 2023 12:41 pm

That's disgusting
I know it is not the individuals fault that his countrys' leader is a tyrant and a total @wat, but flying the country flag is really rubbing it in the face of all Ukranians who have died and had their family life destroyed
It is bad enough seeing the big luxury Russian 4x4s parked in the underground car park at the La Zenia shopping with the Russian flag stuck to the wing mirrors, i am surprised people allow this without reprisal
The owner should be ashamed to allow this and i would boycott the place if i lived near
If it happened in the UK someone would have burned it by now, the flag i mean :evil:
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Steve wilkins » Wed May 10, 2023 1:08 pm

Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist? It's only a flag. It is possible to have a patriotic love for your country yet disagree with something the government is doing (i'm thinking of when my country invaded Iraq TWICE). I don't see it as a big deal. Or maybe we should pull down all Russian flags and remove them from hotels, estate agents, car dealerships etc because of the unsavorable actions of some bloke?
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby HarvHar2018 » Wed May 10, 2023 1:10 pm

How many countries did the British invade, but that's okay eh
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby pete25 » Wed May 10, 2023 1:37 pm

i havnt noticed any other russian flags flying anywhere but he is obviously patriotic i think he should of used little bit of tact .he could have flown a ukraine flag as well
he is probably glad hes not living in his own country as he would be called up to fight
pete25

Postby Gustav » Wed May 10, 2023 2:51 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist? It's only a flag. It is possible to have a patriotic love for your country yet disagree with something the government is doing (i'm thinking of when my country invaded Iraq TWICE). I don't see it as a big deal. Or maybe we should pull down all Russian flags and remove them from hotels, estate agents, car dealerships etc because of the unsavorable actions of some bloke?

Its not unsavoury actions of some bloke, as you say,
It an invasion of Ukraine by some tyrants goverment and his followers,not one man.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Steve wilkins » Wed May 10, 2023 4:29 pm

So should the Russian flag be eliminated from all establishments because of this then Gustav? Flag bearing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby telmel » Wed May 10, 2023 5:55 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:So should the Russian flag be eliminated from all establishments because of this then Gustav? Flag bearing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

The problem is S is that it can be seen as if the person displaying the flag supports Russian actions, rightly or wrongly
People are quite complacent in Spain, or so it seems, whereas in the UK not so, i doubt it would be flying too long there
If it was my restaurant i would be keeping a low profile and not chance any reprisals
As you say it is only a flag
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Next