Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Victoria Palace Benimar

Re: Victoria Palace Benimar

Postby elchedave » Thu May 11, 2023 8:57 am

Never been to Bombay Grill but only been to Indian Ocean once, food was awful & that is coming from a Bradford lad & lass, would never go again. We have enjoyed the Bayleaf at Benimar & Chillies at El Raso do a decent curry. At the end of the day food, especially curry is a very individual thing, what is good to one person is not good to another.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby DaveP » Thu May 11, 2023 9:14 am

Had a lovely meal recently on our first visit to the Bombay Grill (top end of Quesada near the '24hr shop'). It serves Italian/Mexican/Indian. My chicken dansak (they do serve it but was not on the menu) was lovely. I'm sceptical too about restraunts that offer an 'International' choice but there were 9 of us and we all enjoyed our meal choices.
Our favourite is the Bombay Palace at Algorfa. Never had a bad meal there.
DaveP

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby AnnetteD » Thu May 11, 2023 9:18 am

In my opinion Indian Ocean have the best onion bhajis and Bombay Grill have the best curries and garlic naans. I ask for a chicken bhuna which isn’t on the menu, it’s the best I’ve had around here. Tried Chillies and it was awful (maybe they just had a bad day) We have friends who loved Spice Hut but I found the sauces were like those you get out of a jar. I’m hard to please as I’m from around the Bradford area too.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Thu May 11, 2023 9:28 am

If any of you are Playa Flamenco way try Mumbai blue
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Shiva » Thu May 11, 2023 11:55 am

Sad to see the bad reviews of Victoria Palace, which is a small, family-run,business , lovely lady and her husband and now extended family. We often get takeaways from there , last time about 2 weeks ago. They have always ranged from fine to very good. These reviews won't put me off as the food continues to be good. Perhaps individual bad luck, an off night, different tastes etc, but our experience has been generally pretty good. So to counteract, I'd still recommend.
Shiva

Postby shirlie anne » Thu May 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Try the bayleaf indian in benimar new commercial center, its 13.95 mdd/mdn its absoluty lovely, beautiful restaurante and excelente service and price
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Wolfie » Thu May 11, 2023 2:26 pm

When my family are over they love the Punjabi Palace in Los Montesinos.
Wolfie

Postby Linda25 » Thu May 11, 2023 3:42 pm

Just goes to show how we all have different tastes. I went to the Bayleaf in Benimar and found it just average but having to wait over an hour for our main meal won’t be going again. I think you need to try for yourself as I’ve said we all like different things.
Linda25

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Kevin & Carol » Thu May 11, 2023 3:55 pm

We do like to try different places but when you find a good place you tend to go back, we will try Punjabi Palace as we been told a few times it’s worth a try. We went to El Campello yesterday and we found a restaurant called Fresco a we had a set menu for 16.95 euros.
It was fantastic, 3 courses plus bread and a free drink at the end, every course was good for all the three of us. If you are ever there give it a go.
Kevin & Carol

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Shiva » Thu May 11, 2023 7:32 pm

I am genuinely curious. How many people were cheesed off with the 'menu del dia' or the a la carte? just from a skim of the comments a number seem to relate to disgruntlement with the menu del dia or departures therefrom etc. Which would suggest to me some unrealistic expectations ? In terms of quantity and quality for a given price?
I order takeaways a la carte and usually a wide range of dishes. They have all been good. I pay full price, not looking for a 'deal' , although I will admit the free bottle of wine they give for orders over a certain amount (my takeaway order is always over that amount) is welcomed. I don't say no. If the food I order from VP goes downhill, well of course I'll not order again. But until I get bad food, I will keep going back
ps I have also had good takeaways from the Bombay Grill. Would recommend Bombay Grill also.
Shiva

PreviousNext