Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Victoria Palace Benimar

Victoria Palace Benimar

Postby johnred » Wed May 10, 2023 10:32 am

Hi,

Has anybody visited this restuarant recently who could pass on their opinion please?

We stopped going, after numerous good meals, when we were served a shockingly bad one but are wondering whether to give it a second chance.

Thanks

John
johnred

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Re: Victoria Palace Benimar

Postby Kevin & Carol » Wed May 10, 2023 10:40 am

Me and my partner went in about 3 weeks ago for the first time and we would not go back, the food was very average and to top that my wife ended up with an upset stomach and a lot of time on the toilet.
You cannot beat the Bombay grill. We have not had one bad meal there.
Kevin & Carol

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:57 pm

johnred wrote:Hi,

Has anybody visited this restuarant recently who could pass on their opinion please?

We stopped going, after numerous good meals, when we were served a shockingly bad one but are wondering whether to give it a second chance.

Thanks

John

This used to be our favourite Indian restaurant. However, on our last couple of visits it looks like someone else is now running/managing it. The food is not as good as it once was and if you order something extra, this takes your entire order off the "menu del dia" rather than being charged extra for the item.

I really hope that someone could post a postive review as we used to enjoy visiting this restaurant.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby jpeg » Wed May 10, 2023 2:58 pm

only way is to try it again
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby BNT162b2 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:25 pm

Kevin & Carol wrote:Me and my partner went in about 3 weeks ago for the first time and we would not go back, the food was very average and to top that my wife ended up with an upset stomach and a lot of time on the toilet.
You cannot beat the Bombay grill. We have not had one bad meal there.

Is Bombay Grill that good?

I'm always a bit sceptical about the "jack of all trades" International restaurants...tried curries at Sinfonia (Doña Pepa) and SeaView (La Mata), and found them to be quite disappointing - quite "garam masala powdery"...whereas those I've had in "purely" Indian restaurants have been much better.

IMO, of course!!!

My favourites are the now-defunct Spice Hut (haven't tried since it became Punjabi Palace) and Bayleaf (which I'm led to believe USED to be an International restaurant).

Happy to give Bombay Grill a go though, if it's as good as is being suggested!
BNT162b2

Postby 2Sheds » Wed May 10, 2023 4:59 pm

We went to the Victoria Palace last Sunday lunchtime. No complaints. Had the set menu which was very tasty and good value.
Going back next week.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby holly » Wed May 10, 2023 7:31 pm

Had a take away from Victoria Palace,no complaints,value for money & good quality.
holly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Nolito » Wed May 10, 2023 8:29 pm

Was bemused by a takeaway recently from VP, the rice had been put in the large container and the curry was in the small container, when we got home there was enough rice for two people but a small portion of curry, not been back since !
Nolito

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Gilltaylor » Thu May 11, 2023 5:36 am

Another disappointing review I’m afraid. Used to be our favourite lovely food and staff. Went a week ago to give them a second chance after a mediocre experience a month ago but even worse. The sauces are thick gloopy and very sweet. Staff still lovely. What a shame.
Gilltaylor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Yan » Thu May 11, 2023 8:52 am

Bombay Grill definitely number one ,followed by Indian Ocean. Neither reach the heights of a good Bradford curry, but we’re very happy that we can get a decent curry here in Quesada.
Yan

Next