Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Travelling from Santander to Quesada with dogs

Travelling from Santander to Quesada with dogs

Postby lucia » Wed May 10, 2023 5:10 pm

Hi,

I'm travelling on my own with two small dogs from Santander to Quesada on the 15 June 2023. I only intend to do one overnight stop and just wondered if anyone can recommend any dog friendly hotels en route?

Thank you.
lucia

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Travelling from Santander to Quesada with dogs

Postby Volcano » Wed May 10, 2023 6:21 pm

If you can make it to Cuenca, every hotel looked like it was dog friendly, it depends on the route you take and the arrival time of the Brittany Ferry you are on? If it’s the Santona, it arrived at 07.45 docked by 08.15 but it was 09.50 before we got off. We got to Cuenca by 17.20 in our motor home. So if in a car it will be much quicker. The hotels in the old town had lots of people with dogs and many people were out eating in the old square with small dogs. We looked because most had restaurants and I noticed people going into hotels with little lap pooches too, however I personally did not like the Santona. Good luck have a safe trip, we ate in some amazing restaurants and in particular the gastrobar on the steep road in the old town, close to the square. What a meal for 4. Also pooch friendly outside of the main restaurant in its own plaza.
Volcano

Postby marcliff » Wed May 10, 2023 6:26 pm

Previous Post

OK from 8 years ago but there are several posts in the intervening years with the same recommendations.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby lucia » Wed May 10, 2023 8:18 pm

Thank you, I will check out the area of Cuenco. We actually dock in Santander at lunch time, so will work out the distance. Very much appreciate your assisatnce.
lucia

Postby Kayla » Thu May 11, 2023 12:20 pm

We have just come over to uk from Quesada via Santander with two dogs. We stayed at hotel Alisa in lerma ( near Burgos) might not be far enough along the route for you but was about 80euros , dogs charged at 7euros each .
Kayla