Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Unable to Get an Appointment?

Unable to Get an Appointment?

Postby marcliff » Fri May 12, 2023 9:22 pm

How long have people been saying they can't get an appointment for TIE, NIE etc etc etc?
Maybe this will explain it.

From Informacion.es

TheNational Policehas dismantled in Spain a network that throughbotsmanaged to collapse the online system ofprior appointments in Immigrationto monopolize all available appointments toresell them later. An operation that has resulted in69 detainees and another 25 investigatedthroughout the country, seven of them in the province of Alicante. The bots carried outrepetitive and automated tasksthat allowed them to circumvent security filters to get all the available appointments. One of those arrested in Alicante is considered one of thoseresponsible for obtaining massive appointmentswhich was carried out through acompany.During the search, a computer was located with several open browser tabs connected to the appointment page of the electronic headquarters.In another window was a spreadsheet thatwas being modified automatically or remotely.
[Obtaining prior appointments for the Administration had become little less than an impossible mission for many citizens and even professionals. Procedures such as requesting asylum, writing letters of invitation so that other relatives could come to Spain, or obtaining a NIE were something totally inaccessible. From the first moments it was suspected that there could be an organized network or the action of a hacker that was hindering the normal functioning of the Public Administration website. These appointments, which are free and for which the citizen does not have to pay anything, were resold on the black market at prices ranging between 30 and 200 euros andmany citizens were faced with the impossibility of being able to receive care.[/

Foreign citizens interested in requesting appointments were often forced to resort to alternatives, including contacting the bot's owners or intermediaries in exchange for a financial consideration that ranged between 30 and 200 euros.

marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Unable to Get an Appointment?

Postby Chrisdee » Fri May 12, 2023 9:53 pm

No wonder it was difficult, hopefully things will be easier now
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby merida » Sat May 13, 2023 6:40 am

:text-goodpost: :text-thankyouyellow: :D
merida

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Yan » Sat May 13, 2023 9:25 am

I knew that bloody Metal Mickey and the Robinson robot were going to cause problems in the future!
Yan

Postby wilbhoy67 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:13 am

Had heard something similar due to the lack of Padron appointments. Makes sense.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Spannygranny » Sat May 13, 2023 2:49 pm

I did mine through Barbara Cabos, she has an office in Guardamar, it took 4 weeks to get my appointment, her colleague took me up to Alicante, paperwork done, and I collect my new card on Monday.
Spannygranny

Postby deborahW » Sat May 13, 2023 9:34 pm

No wonder that I couldn't get an appointment. I guessed that there was something fishy going on.
deborahW

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso, Guardamar