Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

IPTV where to start

IPTV where to start

Postby 2Sheds » Sat May 13, 2023 11:58 am

I am interested in getting some form of IPTV. My internet connection is Telfy 300mb/s fiber so that should suffice.

A fully managed (subscription) service is probably my preference. So who are the main suppliers in our area and what sort monthly cost can I expect? Some examples would be really useful.

I suppose an alternative is buying and setting up my own box. For this do I need a vpn and how would I implement it?

Any tips or suggestions most welcome.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: IPTV where to start

Postby Paul M » Sat May 13, 2023 12:29 pm

Your first port of call should be Television Technology Spain. They offer loads of different options and a very stable IPTV service with huge content, movies, sports, catch-up, etc; Fantastic super quick backup if there’s ever a problem but I’ve only experienced one issue in six years with them and that was a fault with the box.

Highly professional people who only deal with TV, they don’t paint houses or clean pools!

Speak to Paul or Graham or checkout their website http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby 2Sheds » Sat May 13, 2023 2:46 pm

Thanks for the advice. I acknowledge the positive comments on this forum re Television Technology. I recently paid them to check over and offer advice on my existing Satellite system. I'm not sure the name of the gentleman who attended but suffice to say it was not the positive experience I expected. So with some euros down the pan, I'm no further forward.
Although I haven't given up on my Sat system, I' m now looking at IPTV as an alternative option, hence my request for advice.
2Sheds

Postby John Mugglestone » Sat May 13, 2023 4:28 pm

Try givingWarren a call on 711087893 but you will need an internet connection I have more channels than you can throw a big stick at.
John Mugglestone

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cuidad Quesada

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat May 13, 2023 5:33 pm

If you are technically minded, give Kodi a try, dispite what others may say and save some cash.
I use it for All Sport, also look at Amazon Prime for films etc and Stremio for films and TV series.
Don´t forget all online bbc, itv, ch4 and 5 with a vpn.
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby marianna13 » Sat May 13, 2023 5:54 pm

We have just popped into Go Satellite at top of town, and had a good chat and demo of their system which seems pretty extensive. You can buy the box which plugs into your Wi-Fi router and into TV, and you then just pay the subscription in either 3, 6 or 12 month chunks. Bear in mind the router needs to be placed near your TV.

There are 2 boxes available: basic and high spec. The basic costs €160 and the latest model €190. Subscriptions are €50 for 3 months, €90 for 6 months and €160 for 12 months. Also, if you move house, the box is yours and you just take it with you, so is very flexible.
marianna13

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat May 13, 2023 7:12 pm

Have a word with Howie from Expat Ultra.Have used and renewed his service and recommended to numerous friends.
Cost is less than a basic Netflix sub
He’ll give you a free demo at his stand.

Outside Food Co on Friday
Playa Flamenca Market Saturday
Zoco Market, Sunday

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby 2Sheds » Sat May 13, 2023 7:59 pm

Jabberwocky wrote:If you are technically minded, give Kodi a try, dispite what others may say and save some cash.
I use it for All Sport, also look at Amazon Prime for films etc and Stremio for films and TV series.

Many thanks for the advice. I am reasonably technically minded but no experience with IPTV. A few questions if you don't mind.

1. What is a Kodi box. How does it differ to say a MAG box?
2. Presumably any box requires a subscription App loaded on it - what do you use?
3. VPN? Is this part of a subscription package or has it got to be configured on the router? I don't think Telfy allows config on its routers.
2Sheds

Postby Jabberwocky » Sun May 14, 2023 7:46 am

2Sheds wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:If you are technically minded, give Kodi a try, dispite what others may say and save some cash.

Many thanks for the advice. I am reasonably technically minded but no experience with IPTV. A few questions if you don't mind.

1. What is a Kodi box. How does it differ to say a MAG box?
2. Presumably any box requires a subscription App loaded on it - what do you use?

3. VPN? Is this part of a subscription package or has it got to be configured on the router? I don't think Telfy allows config on its routers.

You can just buy an Android Box from Amazon make sure its a "good spec" (read up on google) "no subs" load apk´s or addons
as they are called, and find links via names or channels. easy when you get your head around it.
I actually don´t use vpn for Kodi, (but you probably should) but only use for my banking and UK online content. Addons I use are Asgard, Sport HD, Fetch, Gen x. but there are loads, again depends on your needs.

Hope this helps.......
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby LeeG » Sun May 14, 2023 8:42 am

I have Exclusive loaded onto my firestick. It has 3 platforms on it giving roughly the same contents, each platform includes virtually all you need including sports, terrestrial, sky movies, there's also VOD, which is dvds. It costs £65/year and well worth the money. You get one days trial with full instructions on how to load it onto the firestick. If interested then please pm me and I'll give you contact details.
LeeG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Next