Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Low life stealing bags

Re: Low life stealing bags

Postby HarvHar2018 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:14 am

it would be much easier and risk free to carry valuables on person with purse in pocket and leave no valuables in the bag if you must have a bag
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Mac3blade » Tue May 16, 2023 9:40 am

Yes, I can come across as naive but I’m a member of the older generation and I’m annoyed that there are people roaming the streets and bars looking for people they can steal from
Quesada may be a tourist area but it’s also where lots of people are residents. You needn’t tell me that people are creatures of habit, we all go to the same watering holes on a regular basis. Some visit regularly and other visit whenever they are staying in their holiday homes. All Im saying is that bar staff do recognise the regulars and the irregular customers. That thief didn’t look like a resident or a tourist. Bar staff should be paying attention to the people coming into their establishment.
A photo of this thief should be put up in all the local bars and restaurants. Also, permitting hawkers to walk around bars and restaurants is off putting. I see them coming in two and three times in an evening. I don’t begrudge them trying to make a living but I don’t think it’s acceptable in today’s world.
Isn’t it a shame that ladies are encouraged not to carry a handbag?
We all carry our mobile telephone, lipstick , specs, sun glasses and possibly husbands reading glasses and more than likely a credit card and cash. ( I don’t carry money!) unless I’m own my own which is rare.
Sometimes,I put my credit card into my bra for safety. I had my bag stolen on our first visit to Torrevieja over 20 years ago so, once bitten , twice shy.
You can call me naive if you want but I’m damned if I’m going to be put off by these thieves and not go out and about.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby BNT162b2 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:06 am

Mac3blade wrote:That thief didn’t look like a resident or a tourist. Bar staff should be paying attention to the people coming into their establishment.

T-shirt, shorts and a hat.

What does a resident or a tourist look like?
BNT162b2

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby David Stokes » Tue May 16, 2023 10:56 am

You can't make bar and restaurant staff responsible. I am sure most of them would raise the alarm if they saw something suspicious, but they are busy. Why do so many people always want to blame others for everything. It is your responsibility to look after your own valuables when you are out, nobody else's.
David Stokes

Postby holly » Wed May 17, 2023 12:40 pm

:text-goodpost:
holly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Gustav » Wed May 17, 2023 4:29 pm

This is a very simular post as to saying supermarkets should have cctv,
Its up to ones self to be responsible for your own belongings and safety surely!
People come on holiday and switch off awareness,there's robbing bastards in every walk of life all over the world
Gustav

Previous