Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Low life stealing bags

Low life stealing bags

Postby Terry the gardener » Mon May 15, 2023 3:54 pm

Just seen this on FB, bar down near consum and aldi in quesada.
Screenshot_20230515_164941_Chrome.jpg
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Low life stealing bags

Postby carolandgraeme » Mon May 15, 2023 4:17 pm

Maybe bars should warn people about putting bags on backs of chairs. You live and learn here. I see phones all the time laying on tables too.
carolandgraeme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Darro » Mon May 15, 2023 5:05 pm

Lambs to the slaughter.

Ditto people carrying phones in back pockets etc. etc. etc.

Don't be a voluntary victim!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Mac3blade » Mon May 15, 2023 7:34 pm

I don’t think putting your handbag over the back of the chair you are sitting in is bad. What is bad is that someone is prepared to literally be standing beside you and calmly removes it while you are chatting.
Bar owners should recognise their customers and any strangers coming in. I’ll bet that man didn’t buy a drink either. Bar staff should be vigilant and pay heed to the goings on around him. I wear a crossover bag nowadays but I reckon that guy would have the nerve to attempt to cut the straps. It’s a terrible world we live it. To think a lady goes out with friends for a drink, hangs her bag over her seat and is robbed is scandalous. The woman didn’t abandon her bag on the floor or set it on the table, she believed her bag to be perfectly safe beside her. I hope that excuse for a man rots in jail.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Darro » Mon May 15, 2023 8:30 pm

It's complacency which allows such thefts to occur and you cannot expect bar staff to act as police when probably the majority of their customers are completely unknown to them.
Last edited by Darro on Mon May 15, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdee » Mon May 15, 2023 8:33 pm

You're being very naive thinking it's fine to put your bag over the back of your chair. We live in a complete different world now.

Mac3blade wrote:I don’t think putting your handbag over the back of the chair you are sitting in is bad. What is bad is that someone is prepared to literally be standing beside you and calmly removes it while you are chatting.
Bar owners should recognise their customers and any strangers coming in. I’ll bet that man didn’t buy a drink either. Bar staff should be vigilant and pay heed to the goings on around him. I wear a crossover bag nowadays but I reckon that guy would have the nerve to attempt to cut the straps. It’s a terrible world we live it. To think a lady goes out with friends for a drink, hangs her bag over her seat and is robbed is scandalous. The woman didn’t abandon her bag on the floor or set it on the table, she believed her bag to be perfectly safe beside her. I hope that excuse for a man rots in jail.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby The Eagle » Mon May 15, 2023 9:31 pm

"You're being very naive thinking it's fine to put your bag over the back of your chair. We live in a complete different world now."

We've lived in a completely different world for years.

The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby BNT162b2 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:54 pm

Mac3blade wrote:I don’t think putting your handbag over the back of the chair you are sitting in is bad. What is bad is that someone is prepared to literally be standing beside you and calmly removes it while you are chatting.

At least it seems like you've FINALLY realised that we live in a terrible world.
BNT162b2

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul M » Mon May 15, 2023 9:58 pm

Quote Macblade: Bar owners should recognise their customers and any strangers coming in. I’ll bet that man didn’t buy a drink either. Bar staff should be vigilant and pay heed to the goings on around him.

This is a TOURIST area! ‘Strangers’ are walking into bars, cafes and restaurants every day! How on earth can this be any fault of the bar staff or the owners? Ridiculous comment!!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Super Simon » Mon May 15, 2023 10:54 pm

I saw this happen in Barcelona once and the lowlife saw me and hurried off but not before he spat at me for ruining his chance for easy money .
I tried to tell the lady what had happened but I think she thought I was crazy and dismissed me rudely .
I know I still did the right thing though and didnt regret it .

I don’t think it’s the responsibility of the bar staff but maybe as a collective bunch we should simply keep an eye out for everyone in this day and age .

Some of us are more vigilant and less trusting than others but it’s not too much to ask to point out potential risks to u suspecting clients .
Super Simon

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Next