Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Proof of Life

Proof of Life

Postby Paul Uden » Tue May 16, 2023 9:30 am

I have an English pensioner friend who was receiving his Spanish pension when he lived here, but he has now moved to Australia. Annually he has to send in a Fe de Vida 'proof of life' document, but he doesn't know where to post it. I believe this is for pensioners who now live abroad. People living in the UK have to send it to the Embassy in London I believe. The Spanish Consulate in Sydney is no help. I have tried phoning INSS in Torrevieja, but it cuts me off after a few rings. He's already late for this year, but does anyone in a similar situation know where he should send it please?
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Proof of Life

Postby Citreon2cv » Tue May 16, 2023 6:14 pm

I’ve been trying to get that for my mum… as far as I know you send it to the pension office that deals with the claim. That’s what I have been told for mum… it’s the getting it I’m finding difficult as mum is now housebound…
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Postby marcliff » Tue May 16, 2023 8:00 pm

In UK the proof of life certificate goes to the people paying your pension. In my case, my military proof of life goes to the MOD and my NHS one to the NHS business authority. I've never had one for the state pension

In Spain, it goes to the INSS in the region that pays you. Surprised the consulate in Australia didn't know about it as CAB says it's sent to them.
CAB Proof of Life
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul Uden » Tue May 16, 2023 8:23 pm

marcliff wrote:In UK the proof of life certificate goes to the people paying your pension. In my case, my military proof of life goes to the MOD and my NHS one to the NHS business authority. I've never had one for the state pension

In Spain, it goes to the INSS in the region that pays you. Surprised the consulate in Australia didn't know about it as CAB says it's sent to them.
CAB Proof of Life

Thank you Marcliff, yes, I'd read the same CAB post and had sent it to my friend. I think he wants to know the exact address which was why I was trying to phone INSS in Torrevieja to confirm they could accept it and it didn't have to go to Alicante or Valencia or somewhere else. They are also going to try the Embassy in London and also Canberra as at least then they can discuss it in English with them. Unless anyone on here has personal experience of sending it in from somewhere else abroad then it will have to be Torrevieja and fingers crossed.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada