Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Development at Benijofar Park

Development at Benijofar Park

Postby debgreen » Wed May 17, 2023 9:01 am

Hello,
Went for a walk at Benijofar park (next to Tommy's Bar) but some of it was shut off and being cleared. Does anyone know what's happening there?

You can normally walk through - it's a nice walk, but it was all shut off yesterday.

Thanks
Deb
debgreen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: Development at Benijofar Park

Postby Chrisdeano » Wed May 17, 2023 11:33 am

We thought maybe they are extending the park, it looked like they were digging more lakes last week. It’s only our thoughts though not had confirmation of what’s happening.
Chrisdeano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Pensionista » Wed May 17, 2023 2:28 pm

It looks like a huge lake is being dug.
Pensionista

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby Shiva » Wed May 17, 2023 6:35 pm

Yes, work has been going on since around February this year. It is a very big lake and part of a local sustainable urban drainage system, part of plans to alleviate future flooding in the area. Very deep, c.15 feet or so deep, not so much recreational lake as for practical purposes... hopefully when it is finished it will be landscaped etc and will look nice. The work has caused a lot of problems around areas close to the park in terms of terrible dust ( think permanently living in a sandstorm, not great to be breathing in...and on some days the wind carries the sand right down to Benimar plaza) so hopefully they will get it finished soon. But in the end a good thing. For those who haven't seen it, I attach a pic... the dry stone walls lining the sides are very interesting and were built rock by rock ...
Shiva

Postby debgreen » Thu May 18, 2023 7:40 pm

That's so great. It will be a great asset to the area in more ways than one.
Thanks for the update.
Deb
debgreen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby garysl » Thu May 18, 2023 9:29 pm

There's a new dog park, at the top end of the park, as well.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby bryancycling » Thu May 18, 2023 10:06 pm

Many thanks for the update. I was going to ask same question as we walked through the park a few times in March when the lining was being installed on the side walls. Look forward to seeing progress in June.
Shiva wrote:Yes, work has been going on since around February this year. It is a very big lake and part of a local sustainable urban drainage system, part of plans to alleviate future flooding in the area. Very deep, c.15 feet or so deep, not so much recreational lake as for practical purposes... hopefully when it is finished it will be landscaped etc and will look nice. The work has caused a lot of problems around areas close to the park in terms of terrible dust ( think permanently living in a sandstorm, not great to be breathing in...and on some days the wind carries the sand right down to Benimar plaza) so hopefully they will get it finished soon. But in the end a good thing. For those who haven't seen it, I attach a pic... the dry stone walls lining the sides are very interesting and were built rock by rock ...
bryancycling

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Gustav » Fri May 19, 2023 9:20 am

Hope they keep it aireated as to deter mozzies,
Standing stagnate water attracts them.
And we all don't like them,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Keith&Dee » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm

Hi all there is a model in Benijofar town hall with the parks larger lakes and a footbridge right across the park it looks impressive
Keith&Dee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park Benijof

Postby Philipb1407 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:38 pm

Last summer I saw so many people in shorts or short skirts, who’s legs looked like they’d been eaten by a rabid dog, 20/30 bites each leg..
There’s a reason not to have open water in Spain, it’s called uncontrolled mosquito breeding. The little monsters are at it 24/7 popping out 500 starvin brats every 10 days!
They are born saying nom nom nom nom nom.. the first thing they say to mom is “Mommy, point me in the direction of human food”! Mom says “make sure you get knocked up first my darling”..
I know there’s a global financial crisis, but can’t they spray mossie killer everywhere!..
Or let’s get bats as pets..we can give them as presents, happy burfday sweetie, here’s a vampire bat! Arghhhh..
Philipb1407

Next