Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Can JPEG fix it?

Can JPEG fix it?

Postby RH1 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:14 am

We have 2 Humax Foxsat HD boxes (with remotes) that don't work can 1 be fixed from 2 boxes parts? TIA
RH1

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Can JPEG fix it?

Postby jpeg » Wed May 17, 2023 11:54 am

pm sent
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby JustGinger » Wed May 17, 2023 1:32 pm

We have a fire stick that won't 'boot up'. It just hangs on the amazon fire logo. Is this something that can be fixed / reset?
JustGinger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Darro » Wed May 17, 2023 2:31 pm

Most remotes just need a clean of their contacts, actual failures, are very rare.

It (they) will be simply clipped together or held with a couple of small screws at worst.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby jpeg » Wed May 17, 2023 3:35 pm

Firesticks often do this mainly when they are plugged ito the TV for power source ,they should always be plugged direct into a socket You can reset them by holing in the back button and the right side of the centre ring for about 20 seconds then unplu and wait for about 30 minutes then plug in and switch on
jpeg

Postby JustGinger » Thu May 18, 2023 8:54 am

jpeg wrote:Firesticks often do this mainly when they are plugged ito the TV for power source ,they should always be plugged direct into a socket You can reset them by holing in the back button and the right side of the centre ring for about 20 seconds then unplu and wait for about 30 minutes then plug in and switch on

Thanks jpeg. I'll give that a try :-)
JustGinger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Darro » Thu May 18, 2023 4:01 pm

Potential fixes for a Firestick remote control will have zero effect on a Humax one!

There is a fundamental difference between a Firestick control and a common garden remote say for a TV or a Humax box etc.

The Firestick control works via Bluetooth as there is bi-directional communication between remote and Firestick.

Ordinary controls on the other hand simply fire infra red signals to the device being controlled and the only 'reset' which can be performed on them is to remove the batteries for a few minutes.

First test for an infrared control is to point it at the camera in your phone when you should see the LED flashing in response to button presses, I'll wager that yours are either not sending at all or are only sending when particular buttons are being pressed which points to dirty contacts in 99% of instances.

See here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTgnExr6fzU

I'd be a tad more subtle than to attack it with a screwdriver but you get the picture!
Darro

Postby jpeg » Thu May 18, 2023 5:21 pm

The post had nothing to do with the Humax boxes it was addressed to Just Gingers query
jpeg

Postby Darro » Thu May 18, 2023 5:26 pm

That's what happens, when somebody pollutes, a thread with a totally different problem.

Still worthwhile getting the message out about cleaning remotes though, many a perfectly useful piece of kit has been binned for want of nothing more!
Darro

Postby jpeg » Thu May 18, 2023 5:40 pm

I agree
jpeg

Next