Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Taking dogs on holiday

Taking dogs on holiday

Postby omarell » Wed May 17, 2023 11:18 am

Hi I know some people take their dogs on holiday with them.I was thinking of doing the same.What is your experience in taking your dog with you
omarell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Re: Taking dogs on holiday

Postby Chrisdee » Wed May 17, 2023 11:20 am

Where to? Here, UK

omarell wrote:Hi I know some people take their dogs on holiday with them.I was thinking of doing the same.What is your experience in taking your dog with you
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby omarell » Wed May 17, 2023 4:16 pm

Not UK . Spain or Portugal
omarell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Babsie » Thu May 18, 2023 12:14 am

We had two rescue dogs that we took several times on the ferry to UK. you check them into the Pet point where they check the chips m passport and rabies which they have to have before departure, Sadly one died last yearm but we taking our 15 year old with us to Portugal again this year. Only drawback is you are restricted with hotels, and they do charge usually around £10 a day. They are allowed in most hotels in the gardens and lounge but not restaurant of course. Both our dogs were excellent passengers and slept most of the time. Of course you get to talk to people more with a dog too.
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TimSha1213 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:14 pm

We drove down at the end of last January with our 2 dogs. Went over on the eurotunnel.... checking in with them was easy. 2 nights in France on the way to Alicante region. Yes we were charged about 10€ each dog each evening, but we knew this anyway. All in all was great .... dogs well behaved considering it was a long journey. But will be doing it again in the autumn....thumbs up .. smiley face emoji.
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby sueandneil32 » Wed May 24, 2023 7:56 am

Took my cat to Portugal last year. Was charged 25€ per night at one hotel in Porto to have him in our room. They provided a dog bed and bowl. In Lisbon we had a 3 night stay in an apartment and was charged an extra 50€ for the stay. Nothing extra provided.No border checks when driving from Spain into Portugal. I did have all of his info with me. Pet passport etc.
sueandneil32

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Bee » Wed May 24, 2023 9:20 am

By way of setting your mind at rest re travelling within Europe with pets. Once you enter the first Schengen Area country your travel documents and your pet's travel documents are checked. You are then free to travel across the 26 countries within the area without any further border control or document checking.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja