Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Deformed cherries

Deformed cherries

Postby Babsie » Tue May 23, 2023 7:25 am

We bought cherries at Almoradi market and when we went to eat them every single one is deformed! By that I mean it had another cherry grown with it attached, or small 'bumps' of tiny cherries attached, but every single cherry was like that. Has anyone else bought cherries like this, as we were concerned they had been injected with something and safe to eat. Is there a health / food place I could get information from?
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Deformed cherries

Postby jpeg » Tue May 23, 2023 8:12 am

I bought a Box of Cherries from the guy oon the roundabout at Lo Maribu and there were all like that apart from the ones you could see on top I threw threw them in the bin
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Gustav » Tue May 23, 2023 9:07 am

Wouldn't say they been "injected"that would have been an enormous task for the grower, possibly sprayed to make the blossom set but stuck the blossom together whilst forming the fruits hence a deformed fruit,
They couldn't have used anything deadly if they from a certified grower,
But some are not,
The supermarkets grab all the certified growers produce usualy, the markets get the cheaper end products mis shapes etc,.but theres still some growers who stand a market stall with there own produce , I tend to favour them .
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Koenigsberger » Tue May 23, 2023 7:22 pm

I think the weather this last year may have had an affect on the cherry yield, I bought a box, they were very tasty but all misshaped.
Koenigsberger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby bertie and gerty » Wed May 24, 2023 9:35 am

They will be fine to eat it's possibly to do with the difficult weather conditions that the farmers have faced this year , it's where the blossom forms and one cherry forms normally and the one growing next to it gets attached and doesn't form properly but there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. Just enjoy
bertie and gerty

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:20 pm

I bought a box yesterday from the stall on the roundabout, 14 euros for 2 kilos, no lumps or bumps, big black juicy ones, really gawjuss
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Rickys » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 pm

You pays for what you get, we are still paying €8 a kilo and they are big fat dark juicy and tasty. We buy the 2-3€ a kilo for making jam.
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby camionpilot » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:29 pm

3.50 E per kg in Benidorm this morning [ shop ,not market ] Fruit and veg seems to be a lot cheaper than this area ...!!!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Return to Quesada general discussion