Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

TSB Shares from 1999

TSB Shares from 1999

Postby Chrisdee » Wed May 24, 2023 7:32 pm

Had anybody got shares from what was TSB, then Halifax now Lloyds. My parents were given them for free in 1999 as TSB either merged or sold to Halifax. I want to get rid of them, they were worth a bit but think they're not worth much at all now but possibly something. Has anybody sold theirs and if so how. I've tried online apparently you go through a company Equiniti, I've tried that but it doesn't like the share policy no. I enter.
Thank you
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: TSB Shares from 1999

Postby daz » Wed May 24, 2023 8:59 pm

Yes I must be one of very few folks to have a few, they diminished rapidly during one financial crash of which I can’t recall. Yes they are managed through equiniti, it’s all online. Assuming they are just the standard issue amount that was given out way back then, they are only worth around £150. So not sure how much you actually get back if they sell them for you. The site shows ways to get in touch, including a bereavement section. so all I can offer is to search for their contact us page. Info I have is
Call us
Mon - Fri 8:30 - 17:30
Exl. UK Bank holidays
0371 384 2793

Hope that helps

Hope that helps
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Chrisdee » Wed May 24, 2023 9:06 pm

Thanks Daz ivey got a number to call, going to try tomorrow, something is better than nothing
We shall see. Thanks Daz Chris

daz wrote:Yes I must be one of very few folks to have a few, they diminished rapidly during one financial crash of which I can’t recall. Yes they are managed through equiniti, it’s all online. Assuming they are just the standard issue amount that was given out way back then, they are only worth around £150. So not sure how much you actually get back if they sell them for you. The site shows ways to get in touch, including a bereavement section. so all I can offer is to search for their contact us page. Info I have is
Call us
Mon - Fri 8:30 - 17:30
Exl. UK Bank holidays
0371 384 2793

Hope that helps

Hope that helps
Chrisdee

Postby pedrosloggett » Thu May 25, 2023 9:16 am

The shares may not be worth much but I understand the dividend from them is one of the best so a good investment.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Thu May 25, 2023 9:28 am

The dividends stopped quote a while ago. Going to try and call them in a minute

pedrosloggett wrote:The shares may not be worth much but I understand the dividend from them is one of the best so a good investment.
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Thu May 25, 2023 10:06 am

That went well, started off ok then the Indian lady was repeating, sorry madam I can't hear your the line is crackly, I cut off in the end. Will try again later.
Chrisdee

Postby Des » Thu May 25, 2023 10:22 am

Chrisdee, I had correspondence from shareview.co.U.K.. which is a website for the shares from Lloyd’s the number for information was +44 371 384 2990 it might be worth a try. You can sell their shares through this site. With regards to the dividend I have around 70 to 100 shares, the basic allocation with the sell off and my dividend payment was the grand total of £2.62 which I got the other day.
Des

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Thu May 25, 2023 10:37 am

Thank you for that.
My parents have over 1100 just sitting there, they are in mums name and she died 2 years ago, probably makes it more complicated but we shall see. Thank you.

Des wrote:Chrisdee, I had correspondence from shareview.co.U.K.. which is a website for the shares from Lloyd’s the number for information was +44 371 384 2990 it might be worth a try. You can sell their shares through this site. With regards to the dividend I have around 70 to 100 shares, the basic allocation with the sell off and my dividend payment was the grand total of £2.62 which I got the other day.
Chrisdee

Return to Quesada general discussion