Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

DANA

DANA

Postby cheflady » Thu May 25, 2023 12:17 pm

Hiya just wondered if anyone knows of the possibility of another Dana hitting us? Any information would be great! Thanks guys. Jules xx
cheflady

Re: DANA

Postby Bee » Thu May 25, 2023 4:32 pm

Looking at AEMET it looks very unstable in the coming days with strong winds Fri night through Saturday.

Next 7 days

https://www.aemet.es/en/eltiempo/predic ... #detallada

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Thu May 25, 2023 4:39 pm

Many areas to the north and south of us were hit with the DANA or gota fria. Lots of schools closed, bits falling off buildings, flooding, cars swept away especially in Almeria area and Cartagena. Alicante had several road closures as well.

Seemed to miss us which is quite normal. Bit of rain but nothing excessive nor did we have the high winds some areas are experiencing and certainly no buildings collapsing.

The orange alert for rain and high winds has been cancelled in this area although some parts of the province are still on yellow alert. For Rojales the rains will be persistent but very light and just for short periods. Forecast a bit windy, though not excessive, for the next two days.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Thu May 25, 2023 6:05 pm

Thanks Bee and Marcliff I'm not sure if I'd have coped after the 2019 Gotta Fria when we lost everything to the extent that the bath and toilet was totally submerged!
cheflady

Postby Chrisdee » Thu May 25, 2023 9:12 pm

Everytime it rains I think of you sleeping on the worktops.

cheflady wrote:Thanks Bee and Marcliff I'm not sure if I'd have coped after the 2019 Gotta Fria when we lost everything to the extent that the bath and toilet was totally submerged!
Chrisdee

Postby cheflady » Thu May 25, 2023 9:42 pm

Thanks Chrisdee it was a experience I never,never want to go back to that again when I put the pic of the bathroom you said you put it on your Facebook page it's almost like PTSD I wouldn't want to wish it on my worst enemy! We are still having problems with the outside of the house and it still freak us out every time have strong winds and heavy rainl
cheflady

Postby Bee » Thu May 25, 2023 10:59 pm

You are safe enough this time of the year Jules. It is the end of the summer/ beginning of Autumn or Sept/October are the dangerous times for the Mediterranean due to the build up of heat and high sea temperatures. You get a DANA due to the warm air meeting cold air in the upper atmosphere giving rise to heavy rainfall and storms. A lot of work has also taken place on drainage works on the Seguro and barriers for collecting and removing the flotsam of rubbish in the river.

Bee
Bee

Postby marcliff » Fri May 26, 2023 7:31 am

Bee wrote:You are safe enough this time of the year Jules. It is the end of the summer/ beginning of Autumn or Sept/October are the dangerous times for the Mediterranean due to the build up of heat and high sea temperatures. You get a DANA due to the warm air meeting cold air in the upper atmosphere giving rise to heavy rainfall and storms. A lot of work has also taken place on drainage works on the Seguro and barriers for collecting and removing the flotsam of rubbish in the river.

Bee

Which is exactly what has just happened to the south in the Almeria area with a record 150 litres per sq metre and the north in Alicante. So much hot weather in the past few months with temps getting up to 30C in April etc and then a cold air front coming over and hitting the hot air from the surface.

We may have missed it around here but Orihuela and south and Elche and north have really been hit bad again. Hailstones, flooding and strong winds which have, thankfully, gone around us but there has certainly been a Dana or Gota Fria in other areas.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Return to Quesada general discussion