Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lobster

Lobster

Postby Anniep » Mon May 29, 2023 2:30 pm

Just changed from lebara to Lobster, think I’ve made a big mistake,
FYI

Going to the states later in the year, I use my phone for maps, Uber calling, just found out I can’t do this with lobster, the phone won’t work,

Just tried to phoned the Uk, again won’t work, should I have changed from Spain to Uk roaming even though I’m in Spain!
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Re: Lobster

Postby marcliff » Mon May 29, 2023 2:35 pm

You surprise me. I phone UK very often on Lobster (Spanish SIM) and no problems or charges. No roaming on at all.
Obviously can't comment on using maps in the US but do use them here.
Give Lobster a ring with the details of your phone. They are very helpful and will possibly give you a heads up.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby AndyC » Mon May 29, 2023 2:38 pm

:text-goodpost:
AndyC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Anniep » Mon May 29, 2023 3:38 pm

Thanks Marcliff, just wanted to confirm it wasn’t my mistake , will contact them
Anniep

Postby Citreon2cv » Mon May 29, 2023 6:29 pm

It’s to do with your settings … it doesn’t change automatically… had same problem in uk… phone lobster they will help you sort it… I had Lebara for a long time then changed to lobster best thing I did….
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Postby Anniep » Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 am

Citreon2cv wrote:It’s to do with your settings … it doesn’t change automatically… had same problem in uk… phone lobster they will help you sort it… I had Lebara for a long time then changed to lobster best thing I did….

Thank you, I know if I go to the UK I have to change the settings, but I’m in Spain and should be able to phone the UK, but can’t
Anniep

Postby Darro » Tue May 30, 2023 4:02 am

Free calls to UK are one of Lobsters prime selling points so whatever is wrong I think you can be pretty sure it's on your side not theirs.

I was a very early adopter so it's a while ago now but from memory there was an activation procedure to go through.

Maps and Uber etc. are web based activities so are dependant on the data side of the package and if that's not working it's likely that you have not got the APN set up properly.

Is there some particular reason for asking your questions here instead of directly with Lobster?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby The Eagle » Tue May 30, 2023 6:26 am

Darro wrote:Free calls to UK are one of Lobsters prime selling points so whatever is wrong I think you can be pretty sure it's on your side not theirs.

I was a very early adopter so it's a while ago now but from memory there was an activation procedure to go through.

Maps and Uber etc. are web based activities so are dependant on the data side of the package and if that's not working it's likely that you have not got the APN set up properly.

Is there some particular reason for asking your questions here instead of directly with Lobster?

Maybe because this is a friendly helpful forum and the first port of call for many people.
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby 2Sheds » Tue May 30, 2023 9:10 am

I tried lobster but found the signal poor compared to Lebara - at least in Benimar.
So much so it was hit and miss to make a call. So I decided to stick with Lebara which uses the Vodafone network.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Graham_Lynn » Tue May 30, 2023 9:15 am

Go into the help section and there’s also a settings section on your account page.
The problem with Lobster is you have to set up everything manually. But they do explain everything perfectly on there.
I thought I’d made a huge mistake when I first went with Lobster, but now I’ve got the settings right I don’t have a problem. I didn’t even need to change anything when I went to the UK.
Check your contacts - have you got the country code +34 +44 etc listed on all your contacts. That’s the most common reason why a call fails.

Calls and texts to the USA are free, but as per their blurb, not the other way the USA is not included in the free roaming, so you’ll need to buy credit for your phone and make sure you ask for data settings before you go. Maps are easily downloadable to your phone, another thing you can do before your trip to the states.

One final thing that could be causing a problem - Have you have bought the new cheaper “Just Spain” package from Lobster, it’s the cheapest package they have, which has a number of limitations on using the phone outside of Spain. If this is what you’ve purchased you need to sign up to the “Small” package, which is a couple of euros more expensive per month.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Next