Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

RAW MILK FOR BABY

Re: RAW MILK FOR BABY

Postby Chrisdee » Wed May 31, 2023 3:19 pm

Lynne1 wrote:1)
3) How did babies Survive before ‘treated’ milk was available?

They sucked on their mummies titties? Good luck with your search
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gustav » Wed May 31, 2023 3:22 pm

This area is a veggie /fruit growing area,with few farms with goats or sheep or cattle reared for meat,
Northern Spain Asturius/Galicia milk producer region
So doubt you will find any local,
I think in spain most or all milk producing cows are treated against foot& mouth, weras in uk they aren't,
But will be S19 accredited/
Tuberlin tested as in uk.
Any cattle in uk that don't pass the tt test are slaughtered under a goverment funded compensation scheme .I was brought up on raw milk , you can't beat raw milk egg custard with second milking from a newly calfed cow.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Lynne1 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:06 pm

Thank you Marcliffe. Very helpful.
Lynne1

Which part of Spain are you from?: In England,

Postby Lynne1 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:08 pm

To those of you who believe ‘google’ about raw milk please read below:-
Both raw and pasteurized milk harbor bacteria but the bacteria in raw milk is the healthy bacteria of lactic-acid fermentation while the bacteria in pasteurized milk is the bacteria of spoilage. And the overall bacteria count of milk produced under clean conditions is much lower than that of pasteurized milk. Both raw and pasteurized milk contain E. coli, normally a benign microorganism. The most likely source of the new strains of virulent E. coli is genetically engineered soy, fed to cows in large commercial dairies. If there is any type of milk likely to harbor these virulent breeds, it is commercial pasteurized milk.

Back in the days when scientists at our universities did real research, they compared the health of children fed raw or pasteurized milk. Children fed raw milk have more resistance to TB, scurvy, flu, diphtheria, pneumonia, asthma, allergic skin problems and tooth decay. In addition, their growth and calcium absorption was superior. (www.realmilk.com/abstractsmilk.)
Lynne1

Which part of Spain are you from?: In England,

Postby nnejy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:23 pm

That research you are pointing to isn't available. However, I did find it anyway, and guess who sponsored (i.e. paid for) that research?

If you think it's OK to give a baby milk from a cow, then why not a dog, a cat, a rat or a cockroach? They all produce milk.

Sorry to hear the Dairy Industry got to you, but they are a very powerful organisation, and they have lobby groups across every developed nation in the world.

Please, try not to hate me, I am just giving you the facts.

348232022_1418079995682339_6822082645514060578_n.jpg
nnejy

Postby Upstream » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:29 pm

Lynne1 wrote:We buy directly from a vegan, free range organic farm. Not a mass produced milk plant. Very different.

A 'vegan' organic farm would produce and sell only plant - based produce and NOT the milk of cows (or any other animal).
Upstream

Postby Upstream » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:31 pm

nnejy wrote:That research you are pointing to isn't available. However, I did find it anyway, and guess who sponsored (i.e. paid for) that research?

If you think it's OK to give a baby milk from a cow, then why not a dog, a cat, a rat or a cockroach? They all produce milk.

Sorry to hear the Dairy Industry got to you, but they are a very powerful organisation, and they have lobby groups across every developed nation in the world.

Please, try not to hate me, I am just giving you the facts.

348232022_1418079995682339_6822082645514060578_n.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly with what has been said here.
Upstream

Postby sarnia cherie » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:37 pm

At the end of Lemon Tree Road before the roundabout and the Saturday Moncayo car boot on the left behind a high hedge is a farm. I believe it is a cattle farm and they may be able to help you.
sarnia cherie

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo pepin

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:03 pm

There is a store in Alicante called Herbolario which also does mail order. I am not familiar with the raw product you are asking about, but they sell various types of 'organic' milk and there is an email address which they encourage you to contact them on with any questions. Someone on another site suggested they sell it there, but I don't know for sure: https://www.herbolarionavarro.es/leche-ecologica
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Gustav » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:00 pm

sarnia cherie wrote:At the end of Lemon Tree Road before the roundabout and the Saturday Moncayo car boot on the left behind a high hedge is a farm. I believe it is a cattle farm and they may be able to help you.

Its a meat rearing farm,
Gustav

Previous