Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Emergency antibiotics

Emergency antibiotics

Postby l30yng » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:53 pm

Hi Everyone

My son is over and clearly got a horrible sinus infection. Pharmacy drugs not worked. Any ideas where he can get a prescription for antibiotics asap?

Thank you in advance!

Lesley
l30yng

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Emergency antibiotics

Postby marcliff » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:58 pm

The medical centre in Rojales has a 24 hour clinic. 965 29 02 55 and emergencies on 965 29 02 65. Call them first and you have to ring the bell when you get there, the door is to the right of the main entrance.

They will also tell you the on call pharmacies.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby l30yng » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:01 pm

Thank you so much. Much appreciation.
l30yng

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Bee » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:39 pm

If your son goes into a Farmacia and explains that he has tried over the counter meds and needs an Amoxicillin antibiotic to shift the sinus infection they will give it to him. Usually 500mg strength.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:15 pm

Bee wrote:If your son goes into a Farmacia and explains that he has tried over the counter meds and needs an Amoxicillin antibiotic to shift the sinus infection they will give it to him. Usually 500mg strength.

Bee

Not many pharmacies that do that now. Certainly not the one by Consum nor the Canal pharmacy. I think there may be one in Benijofar that does but it is frowned upon nowadays, as it has been in UK for many years and rightly so.

I did go to one in San Miguel that used to issue it without a prescription a while back and they refused it.
My grand daughter had a raging toothache some 6 or 7 years ago and the pharmacy in the centre of Quesada told her to go to a dentist which she did and got a dentist rx which they accepted.

Then, of course, you'd have to find a pharmacy open at this time of night that will be one that gives them OTC and, being a weekend, might be even more difficult.

Plus advising someone to get Amoxicillin might not be such a good idea as some people are allergic to it.

The 24 hour clinic at Rojales is very good and has a doctor and nurse on throughout the night.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:39 pm

I asked for Amoxicillin on Monday for a friend who wanted to take them back to England and they wouldn't sell them, said I needed a prescription.
Chrisdee

Postby Darro » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:28 am

Bee wrote:If your son goes into a Farmacia and explains that he has tried over the counter meds and needs an Amoxicillin antibiotic to shift the sinus infection they will give it to him. Usually 500mg strength.

Bee
Are you a doctor?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:56 am

Weather Bee is a doctor or not this is how the chemists can work, she knows how they work. Sometimes you're lucky othertimes you're not.

Darro wrote:

Bee
Are you a doctor?
Chrisdee

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:09 am

For a sinus infection, the nasal passages need to be cleaned by using salt and water. You get a bottle in the chemist with the tiny packets of salt. You could Google this method and make up your own. Poor man, hope he’s beginning to feel better.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Citreon2cv » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:08 pm

He can if all else fails use your sip card for an appointment with your dr….
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Next