Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Is this a scam?

Is this a scam?

Postby Mickey Braw » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:06 pm

Received this by email today.
I am suspicious because it says my NIE was issued in 2020 when in fact it was issued in 1988.
Anybody else seen this, please?

Apreciado Sr./Sra.:

Le informamos que su certificado digital de ciudadano (NIF/NIE: *******A) emitido en fecha 13-08-2020 se encuentra en período de renovación. La caducidad definitiva se producirá el día 13-08-2023. Puede renovarlo automáticamente, antes de la fecha de caducidad, desde el Área Personal de Servicios de Certificación de la ACCV, ubicada en la siguiente dirección:

https://apsc.accv.es/apsc/

En caso de duda o que necesite información adicional puede contactar con nosotros a través del teléfono de atención al usuario, 963 866 014, o del formulario web que encontrará en http://www.accv.es/contacta/.

Reciba un saludo.

Agencia de Tecnología y Certificación Electrónica
Polígono de acceso Ademuz, s/n. 5ª Planta. 46100 Burjassot (Valencia)

La Agencia de Tecnología y Certificación Electrónica garantiza la confidencialidad de los datos de carácter personal facilitados por los usuarios y su tratamiento automatizado de acuerdo con la legislación sobre protección de datos de carácter personal y la Política de Privacidad.

Contestando a este correo electrónico no obtendrá respuesta. Si desea contactar con nosotros, pulse aquí.
Dear Mr./Mrs.:

We inform you that your digital citizen certificate (NIF/NIE: ******A) issued on 08-13-2020 is in the renewal period. The definitive expiration will occur on 08-13-2023. You can renew it automatically, before the expiration date, from the ACCV Certification Services Personal Area, located at the following address:

https://apsc.accv.es/apsc/

In case of doubt or if you need additional information, you can contact us through the user service telephone number, 963 866 014, or the web form that you will find at http://www.accv.es/contacta/.

Receive greetings.

Electronic Technology and Certification Agency
Ademuz access polygon, s/n. 5th floor. 46100 Burjassot (Valencia)

The Technology and Electronic Certification Agency guarantees the confidentiality of personal data provided by users and their automated processing in accordance with the legislation on protection of personal data and the Privacy Policy.

Replying to this email will not get a response. If you want to contact us, click here.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Is this a scam?

Postby Madcatwoman » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:31 pm

Hi,
I'd say it was a scam as your NIE is for life and never renewed.
Madcatwoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:33 pm

As I read it it's not your NIE that is expiring but your digital certificate (or cl@ve) which allows you to do online government procedures.

As it's a https starter then it won't be a scam.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby daz » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:42 pm

It doesn’t even include your name or any personal info to say it’s just for you. As you will already know, an NIE is for life, so it doesn’t need renewing, so it’s so obviously a scam.
Just delete it. And do the same with any others you get that don’t make sense. If it IS genuine, it would most likely be followed up by another email, and / or a posted letter.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:19 pm

I say again, it is not the NIE expiring, it is the digital certificate. ACCV is a genuine site that you sign up so you can complete government forms. It's a free service.

I have one to contact the tax agency and have to put in a number and they send me a text with a PIN code.
If I want to change address and notify several agencies at the same time I use that one.

Even my bank requires a digital certificate to do certain things.
But if you're iffy about it, don't renew it.

I have renewed my digital certificate about 3 times and it is simply using your NIE to identify you.

I've lost count of the number of posts we've had on here asking how to get a digital certificate to get padron updates, tax information, change car registration and so on. Seems impossible to get anything done nowadays without one but it is not saying your NIE is running out.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Mickey Braw » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:20 am

Thanks for your replies.
You are right, Marcliff. Now I realise that I have misread the email, it was the NIE reference that threw me, you are a great asset to this forum, thanks again.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada