Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

On !ine banking, cancel direct debit - help please

On !ine banking, cancel direct debit - help please

Postby Jansl » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:16 am

Need some tech help please.
Recently purchased a new phone at Media Mart. Inadvertantly I signed up for an insurance, originally thinking it was a one-off payment of €7,25 I now find it's debited every month.
I do Sabadel on-line banking & currently have no problem with the everyday stuff, transfers, debits etc.
I want to cancel this but because ( like the phone ) it was charged to my Sabadel ddbit card, when I look under "Mandates" it doesnt show up. I can look at the transaction in detail under the statement page but can't find an option to cancel.

To save me trudging to La Zenia or the ordeal of visiting my branch, can anyone help a high tech dinosaur please.
Jansl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: On !ine banking, cancel direct debit - help please

Postby Bee » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:59 am

Is there any contact email or online chatline on your Bank A/c that you can message to tell the bank to put a stop on the D/D. You would have to get the originator of the D/D to stop presenting it as unlike a standing order you don't have control over it. Usually with insurance there is a cooling off period so you would need to cancel it quickly. You have probably signed up for a 12 months contract and the company would have the right to hold you to that contract if you are out of time for cancelling it.

I can cancel a future D/D on my online banking under payments but you need the creditor originating details which would be on the dropdown bit on the payment on your bank statement and your UMR no which should be on the payment details.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jansl » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:27 pm

Thanks Bee, unfortunately it's been a couple of months so I'll be out of time for the cooling-off period. Looks like a trip to Media Mart & throw myself on their mercy ( joking of course ). I'll go there in person, if for no other reason to confirm it is a 12 month swindle & not ongoing.

Don't seem to have paperwork relating, just the oroginal phone recipients.
Thanks again
Jansl

Postby dennisthemenace » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:36 pm

hi go into the app click on mandates, then click direct debit query, then click on the direct debit you want and at bottom block direct debit.all done have a nice day.
dennisthemenace

Which part of Spain are you from?: la finca algorfa

Postby Citreon2cv » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:33 pm

Sabadell have always been very helpful by phone… don’t think you can cancel a monthly payment by card on the app. They might be able to via phone call.
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Postby Dora » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:30 am

Sabadell ( Helpline) 963 085 000) usually very helpful.
Dora

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Silverlocke29 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:06 am

I cancelled all my direct debits on Sabadell app when I moved. No problem. Just as posted previously by Dennis
Silverlocke29

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Jansl » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:39 am

Thanks for all the help, unfortunately as I mentioned in my original post, this transaction does not show up under "mandates" as the original transaction was completed via my debit card.
Jansl