Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

changing from telfy broadband

changing from telfy broadband

Postby Jansl » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:28 am

Hi, in an effort to avoid going over old ground, i've looked at the forum for this subject without success, so here goes.

We currently have a high speed broadband only package with Telfy & have been with them since arriving six years ago.

However, although following repeated visits to their office in Rojales and continually being assured our system is "perfect." But when it's busy times in the evening, the whole lot is continually buffering, even with subscribed Netflicks.

A friend experienced the same about two years ago & changed to Vega Fibre and has hever had a problem since.

My query is: Currently is there any notice period re. Telfy & do they remove the fibre cabling they ran from the street directly into our lounge - obviously they reclaim the modem.
Jansl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: changing from telfy broadband

Postby jpeg » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:24 pm

unlessyou have resigned a contract after the original or bought a new phone they told me no contract is in force
I am having the same problem with Telfy at Catral and they have denied that they are Throttling the line even when I show them results of independant speed tests that proved they were , unfortuatly I can not change from them as they is not another operator in my area ,I have to use "line of sight " signals and the max download is 20mbps
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Jansl » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:11 pm

Thanks for your reply: Based on what you say Telfy told you I think I might have shot myself in the foot. Our original contract was €39 for broadband plus a landline. About six months ago I cancelled the landline as redundant since becoming Lobster customers and now pay €31. That probably constitutes becoming a "New customer."
I'll have to go down & check, (bummer)
Jansl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby The Eagle » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Shame you can't get Scansat.

The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby bertie and gerty » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:02 am

Were with Telfy in Catral and live in the Campo and have their fibre internet and very very rarely do we get any buffering, whenever we get a problem they are out the same day.
bertie and gerty

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Mickey Braw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:09 am

I’m with Telfy too and find them very good indeed.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby B&B » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:14 am

We have been with TELFY for 3 years now ,no problems ,and staff very helpful .
B&B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby jpeg » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:41 am

bertie and gerty wrote:Were with Telfy in Catral and live in the Campo and have their fibre internet and very very rarely do we get any buffering, whenever we get a problem they are out the same day.

You should never get bufferring with the speeds that Fibre delivers , Unfortuanatly Fibra is not an option where I live down next to the Bird sanctuary on the CV861 only line of sight transmission .
I have no quibble with the after sales service with Telfy it is excellant
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby LeeG » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:16 am

Have you cleared the caches on the affected platforms? I too agree they are very good and I have had only a few problems with Telfy I have been with them since they were called Skynetlink.
LeeG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby Oldgeordie » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:54 pm

I changed from Telfy to Go Fibre last year,I pay 42 euros a month for fibre,2 mobiles & landline.
Go fibre used Telfys cable,I only had to return my router to Telfy.
Oldgeordie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next