Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving licence renewal

Driving licence renewal

Postby Tonbar » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:58 am

I did my test on 27th April it is now 7 weeks and still not received my renewal licence. My wife received hers in 3 weeks. The La Siesta Clinic where I did the test are not very helpful. Is there a Trafico phone number and do they speak English? My Spanish is fair but if possible I prefer English. Anyone got any suggestions.
Tonbar

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Driving licence renewal

Postby marcliff » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:31 am

If you're too thick to find these on Google maybe you shouldn't be driving
Last edited by marcliff on Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Tonbar » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:37 am

Thank you. It said my licence was in production since 12/6/2023. The application was on the 27th April!!
Tonbar

Postby marcliff » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:03 pm

t
Last edited by marcliff on Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Darro » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:19 pm

From the experiences of friends and acquaintances 3 months is not untypical.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:49 pm

Ours both came back to our home address within a few weeks, but the temporary cover document is for 3 months so it should come back within that timescale. My wife's was most recent and she was tested on 5th May. She received it in less than 4 weeks on 30 May. That was a 10 year renewal rather than a brand new license. Mine was also a renewal on 8 November and took 6 or 7 weeks. I certainly had it before Xmas. If your post is unreliable La Siesta Clinic can arrange to have it delivered to them for a small fee, but its a bit late for that this time.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Tonbar » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:57 pm

I paid 10€ to have them delivered to La Siesta Clinic. Trafico posted my wife's to our home. The clinic refunded the 10€. I have been given a link on talk Quesada which says my licence is in production from 12th June. The test and application was sent off on the 27th April. We are going away end of July and need the licence by then. It has taken Trafico 7 weeks to start the process. The mind boggles.
Tonbar

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:34 pm

OK well good luck! End of July is around 3 months so fingers crossed. I've never heard of anyone taking longer, but you never know I suppose. At least you've been able to confirm they've received the application and it's being dealt with.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:49 pm

Dads been waiting 2 years for his, the company down the town who did the test wasn't interested one iota, dad then decided he weren't going to drive anymore do we didn't do anything about it. We had a letter a couple of months ago saying it needs renewing!!

Paul Uden wrote:OK well good luck! End of July is around 3 months so fingers crossed. I've never heard of anyone taking longer, but you never know I suppose. At least you've been able to confirm they've received the application and it's being dealt with.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Darro » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:58 am

Tonbar wrote:It has taken Trafico 7 weeks to start the process. The mind boggles.

I can understand your frustration but if you have been here for the near 3 years your post history suggest then such things really should come as no surprise.

One thing most people fail to appreciate is that 99.99% of licence renewals will be for Spanish citizens who have no intention of driving anywhere other than in Spain so for them how long the process takes is of no real importance or consequence.

In addition to the legendary inefficiency and snail like pace of Spanish bureaucracy in general don't forget too that Traffico in particular are probably still inundated with requests for UK to Spanish exchanges since the agreement for that was reached.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Next

Return to Off topic