Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Spanish Funeral Plans

Re: Spanish Funeral Plans

Postby Adey » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:16 pm

Surely those figures can't be right?

300 x 2 = 600 x 12 = 7,200 per year x 14 = 100,800 euro's
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Lucyloo » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:01 pm

My husband and myself took out a plan with Mafre when we purchased our house 21 years go, we paid roughly 130€ a year. My husband passed away in March and everything was done perfectly from the service to the Cremation, everything was first class and we could have had whatever we wanted, so kind and so helpful.
Lucyloo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Paul M » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:06 pm

Lucy that sounds more like a funeral ‘insurance’ rather than a funeral plan!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Les52 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:40 pm

My sister in law died last year and had bought a funeral plan from Golden Leaves. One phone call to them and everything was sorted.
Les52

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Day86 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:09 am

I would recommend white doves as someone mentioned in a previous post if you want a funeral plan. Very professional and personal as heard various stories on the other funeral plan companies most not so good but white doves straight forward no hidden costs and made very clear at first contact what you want for you and the price. The other comments mention an insurance which is different and you pay monthly. Depends what you want. But the funeral plan is a one off payment or a deposit and monthly payments for a limited time (eg 1-2 years) depending on what type of plan and cost. If you would like more information please contact me or look at white doves online or visit the expat centre in Dona Pepa near Edina’s bar and grill
Day86

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby prefect » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:55 am

Day86 wrote:I would recommend white doves as someone mentioned in a previous post if you want a funeral plan. Very professional and personal as heard various stories on the other funeral plan companies most not so good but white doves straight forward no hidden costs and made very clear at first contact what you want for you and the price. The other comments mention an insurance which is different and you pay monthly. Depends what you want. But the funeral plan is a one off payment or a deposit and monthly payments for a limited time (eg 1-2 years) depending on what type of plan and cost. If you would like more information please contact me or look at white doves online or visit the expat centre in Dona Pepa near Edina’s bar and grill

prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Postby prefect » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:13 am

Lucyloo wrote:My husband and myself took out a plan with Mafre when we purchased our house 21 years go, we paid roughly 130€ a year. My husband passed away in March and everything was done perfectly from the service to the Cremation, everything was first class and we could have had whatever we wanted, so kind and so helpful.

The web together with this forum is invaluable. Enquiries with 2 of the mentioned companies are as follows

Mapre 2 persons simple cremation 11,829.96
Golden Leaves do 4,640.00
prefect

Postby Thy Will Be Done » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:58 am

Hi everyone,

Just to remind you guys that we can also arrange your pre-paid funeral plan for you.

We only recommend 1 and it is a cremation plan and costs 2595€ - nothing more, no hidden extras and if you go back to the UK you can claim back 2000€ so you can buy another one there.

Give us a call on 865 756 058 and you can make an appointment to come in and have a chat in Quesada.

Simple honest advice in plain English.

Kind regards

Paul
Thy Will Be Done

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Littlechris » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:30 am

We are both still alive.And have taken out a plan with Golden Leaves for first to die simple cremation .just over 2000 euros. Obviously another would need to be taken out for the remaining adult.
Littlechris

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby prefect » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:42 am

Littlechris wrote:We are both still alive.And have taken out a plan with Golden Leaves for first to die simple cremation .just over 2000 euros. Obviously another would need to be taken out for the remaining adult.

prefect

PreviousNext