Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Spanish Funeral Plans

Spanish Funeral Plans

Postby prefect » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:47 am

Having recently been scammed by an online Facebook purchase, I am somewhat sceptical on
purchasing anything using my card.
We had decided to buy a cremation funeral plan, paying in advance to save a lot of hassle when the day of judgement arrives.
The web provides at least 4 companies operating in the immediate area,
What bothers me is that these companies are not funeral firms in their own rights, but private
companies/individuals who refer clients to funeral parlours when they are notified of an event
It would be interesting to hear of members valuable knowledge of how secure/insecure some or all of these companies are
prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Re: Spanish Funeral Plans

Postby SharonSpain » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:04 am

I have taken a funeral plan with White Doves. Found them very professional. +34 865 668 597. They have a new office in Benijofar (where the Sabadell bank was) and can also be found at the Expat Centre by hotel La Laguna.
SharonSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:56 am

Personally, I would go to the crematorium in Benimar and ask them ,
I would use them direct if I needed to arrange collection of a body and cremation,
Cut out the middle man,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby JohnMC » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:42 am

My wife & I have a plan with Avalon which covers both Spain & UK - they are very competitive - they allocate the funeral parlour at the stage of taking out a policy (both in Spain & UK) - when the day eventually happens, one phone call to Avalon & they arrange everything for you (including contacting the Police, Funeral Parlour etc.)
JohnMC

Postby camionpilot » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:23 pm

Cut out the middlmen and the salespersons commissions and go direct to Asv or Sampas , and arrange your own, no hardsell or bull shxt to make a sale .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Brewingdog » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:27 pm

Who are Asv and Sampas.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby camionpilot » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:45 pm

ASV are the largest group of funeral directors in Spain , nearest office is by the park of nations ...google is your friend .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:20 pm

Somebody please remind us of the terrible way people were dealt with during covid. I remember reading unfortunate accounts of people having paid a lot of money for their burial but because of the regulations during covid, received nothing. I don’t think they were refunded any money but may be wrong. Someone will remember.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby prefect » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:15 pm

camionpilot wrote:Cut out the middlmen and the salespersons commissions and go direct to Asv or Sampas , and arrange your own, no hardsell or bull shxt to make a sale .

prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Postby Citreon2cv » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:18 pm

Be careful using some plans. My parents went with a Spanish company. I didn’t know any of the details until my father died. They had been paying in 300€ each a month for about 14 years. When it came down to claiming for dad. We had hardly any money. We didn’t have a service as that was our choice. If we had wanted 1 we wouldn’t have had enough to cover it.. be very careful what you pay for and what you expect. I was told it was due to the cost going up…
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Next