Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Weeds in streets in lo marabu

Re: Weeds in streets in lo marabu

Postby Gustav » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:22 am

dr.doolittle wrote:Same on Entre Naranjos, its as if no one cares

Why not Care for your own
Frontage,if you want live in a nice area make it nice yourself
In some country's its compulsory
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby zeff » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:12 am

:text-goodpost:

Hear, hear.
zeff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:22 pm

I often sweep up outside and put Aguas fuerte on the weed roots works alright.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mickey Braw » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:34 pm

It’s alright for people to keep their own kerb clear, as I do but in a street where a great number of houses are not fully occupied the street still looks a mess.
Over many years the council dealt with the problem, in recent times, as with other things, they have abdicated their responsibility.
They are very busy for a few months prior to elections and now people have been duped again.
Mickey Braw

Postby Russ and claire » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:57 pm

Hi you should go to local ayunamiento and report it, we do this regularly for our street as leaves and debris collects when windy and they come out sweep within a few days.
Russ and claire

Postby Volcano » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:50 pm

Read this with interest, I weed weekly, I have a bottle of Aguafuerte, I put a little on a paint brush and paint the weed, the weed fizzles a little, that must be the acid, then the weed starts to die, the next day the weed is dead as a dodo. Extinct. What happens next is beyond me, the weeds disappear, I chuck a bucket of water, out of the pool, where the weed used to be and hey presto, no more weeds. Grass however takes a lot longer. 3-4 days and two coats of acid.. don’t know why, don’t care. Fortunately we don’t get weeds on the pavement or road, just all around my walls, dirty rain and rain water… (Aguafuerte it’s really good. PS: wear gloves and eye protection, wash splashes immediately with lots of water, seek medical assistance if splashed in your eyes, jump in the pool if splashed on your skin, if your skin starts to peal off call for an ambulance, urgently. Disclaimer: I do not endorse the use of dangerous chemicals to destroy weeds. The opinion of the writer is not an endorsement of the product used. No claims against my incompetent use of dangerous chemicals as described will be accepted.)
Volcano

Postby Mel » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:47 pm

If everyone just done their own wee bit would make such a difference, I couldn’t be bothered waiting for anyone to do it, doesn’t take long, boiling water once a week.
Mel

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:54 am

I should think walking around all the public roads of a urbanisation with a kettle will take about 3 years to kill all the weeds. Then there's the electric bill pf boiling the kettle hundreds of times. Yes you can take care of the small area outside a house, but the council should be doing what they receive the money to do!
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby John Mugglestone » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:47 pm

The elections are now in the past do not expect any improvements in the Quesada area there is not enough voters we are only here to provide for Rojales.
John Mugglestone

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cuidad Quesada

Previous